This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Steven Universe (and general Cartoon Network chat)

Comments

• edited July 2015

Garnet Canta (Mas Fuerte Que Tu)
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • I keep seeing these shots of Pearl (in the dark room in the chair, surrounded by peridots, etc) but not in any episode yet. Are they coming?
  • That's fanart drawn by the crew - visual references to Evangelion and Utena, respectively.
  • What is Lion? Is he supposed to be a familiar/summon that Rose Quartz had and now Steven takes care of?

My theory is he's kind of the leftovers of Rose Quartz, everything not used to make Steven.
  • What is Lion? Is he supposed to be a familiar/summon that Rose Quartz had and now Steven takes care of?

My theory is he's kind of the leftovers of Rose Quartz, everything not used to make Steven.
    What leftovers?

Everything Rose actually is/was is her gem. Her giant woman-ness was a magic tactile hologram.
  • I read a fairly extensive fan theory (which I unfortunately can't seem to find at the moment) that Lion is a cat Rose used to store excess magic and such that Steven wouldn't have been able to handle right away as a child. Now that Steven is getting better at using his powers, he's able to handle more of that magic and it's gradually draining out of Lion, which is why he seems to be getting weaker (see: recent scene where Lion collapses for a moment). I don't know how much I really buy into it, but it's an interesting idea nonetheless.
  • Eryn said:

I read a fairly extensive fan theory (which I unfortunately can't seem to find at the moment) that Lion is a cat Rose used to store excess magic and such that Steven wouldn't have been able to handle right away as a child. Now that Steven is getting better at using his powers, he's able to handle more of that magic and it's gradually draining out of Lion, which is why he seems to be getting weaker (see: recent scene where Lion collapses for a moment). I don't know how much I really buy into it, but it's an interesting idea nonetheless.

I think that's a good theory, but it looked like the only reason Lion collapsed was cuse all the crystal gems were riding him lol
  • I just realized there was no Sadie and Lars this past Steven bomb. I can't imagine Steven going a whole week without getting some doughnuts.
  • I just realized there was no Sadie and Lars this past Steven bomb. I can't imagine Steven going a whole week without getting some doughnuts.

He is so far beyond mortal concerns. All his mundane friends will eventually be like Usagi's non-special-hearted friends in Sailor Moon.

• Rym said:

I just realized there was no Sadie and Lars this past Steven bomb. I can't imagine Steven going a whole week without getting some doughnuts.

He is so far beyond mortal concerns. All his mundane friends will eventually be like Usagi's non-special-hearted friends in Sailor Moon.
    It was almost certainly to Naru's benefit that she got the fuck away from Usagi. Post season 2, she only got attacked like once by the baddies!
  • edited July 2015
    Steven always has time for some Dog-Nut action.

Even when he just fused with Connie one of the first activities was to get some Big 'Nuttage.
    Post edited by SWATrous on
  • edited July 2015
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited July 2015

Spanish Pearl sounds hot. Spanish Connie sounds to old for her age.

Lion is just a really big cat at heart.

Never watched Gravity Falls but I would be totes down for a cross over. Who is the magical girl? Is she in Gravity Falls?
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • It's what's her face from the other disney show.
  • Spanish Connie sounds like Esteban's abuela.
  • Yup any older an she be his abuelita.
  • It's what's her face from the other disney show.

Star from Star Vs. The Forces of Evil. It's actually pretty good.
  • Never seen it, but this gif makes me want to check out an episode.
  • Never seen it, but this gif makes me want to check out an episode.

I've seen that show around, and sort of ignored it.. But that gif... -serious consideration-

• I'm intrigued
  • I've seen the first episode, and I thought it was interesting, but... well, it didn't fill me with urgency to see more, unlike Steven Universe.
  • Yeah, I got pumped when they released the opening, but the actual show itself did not fill me with confidence for future episodes.
  • Nukerjsr said:

It's what's her face from the other disney show.

Star from Star Vs. The Forces of Evil. It's actually pretty good.
    The art looks Scott Pilgrim-esque to me. I'll watch that based on the intro.
  • edited July 2015
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • OH GOD. THEY'RE LIKE, TEN YEARS OLD.