This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Steven Universe (and general Cartoon Network chat)

Comments

• WHAT HAS BEEN SEEN
  • Damn, now I gotta go buy new lightbulbs.
  • Hype levels have instantly surpassed any I held for The Force Awakens. HYPPPPPPE
  • SWATrous said:

Hype levels have instantly surpassed any I held for The Force Awakens. HYPPPPPPE

Same :)

• What the hell? LOL! This came out of the long hiatus
  • If there's one good thing a hiatus is for...

I'm glad that exists
  • edited December 2015
    I was so tempted to turn it off, to resist the spoilz of war, but I couldn't.

Now I am filled with extreme desire and regret.

(At least it's only a few days away)

And I am way behind on re-watching the series. I need to start mag-dumping episodes while I sleep or something.

I wish I could play iTunes videos (as I have season 1+2 purchased) on my Note4, it'd be really cool to watch Steven U on my Gear VR. I might have to switch to getting it all on Google or something? It might be worth it? Probably worth it.

Probably would justify my impulse decision of buying a Gear VR.
    Post edited by SWATrous on
  • So got to the end of Season 1b, to the part where the streaming episode order is out of sync with the airing episode order, which are both out of sync with the intended story arc order... and it's times like these when having two eps baked into a single file is extremely frustrating... ugh!

I can't wait for the 3rd season when the Richingtons move in next door.
  • Tonight: Ruby and Sapphire's first date.
  • SU is still killing it. I wonder how Blue Diamond feels about Yellow Diamond coming back to clean up the mess she left behind?
  • One assumes Blue Diamond is still around. I've become a subscriber more and more to the "Diamond gems are fusions between the strongest gems and that's why they try to prevent other different gems from fusing with one another" theory. Rose Quartz was one-half of Pink Diamond, and Blue Diamond's defeat and separation into two weaker gems was what won the rebellion.
  • edited January 2016
    It's Steven's birthday, and he goes through some kind of weird reverse puberty.

Also, CN UK is censoring the show. Figures.
    Post edited by Daikun on
  • Axel said:

One assumes Blue Diamond is still around. I've become a subscriber more and more to the "Diamond gems are fusions between the strongest gems and that's why they try to prevent other different gems from fusing with one another" theory. Rose Quartz was one-half of Pink Diamond, and Blue Diamond's defeat and separation into two weaker gems was what won the rebellion.

I don't think that's plausible, given that gem fusions between the same kinds of gem don't change the gem type and fusions between different kinds of gem seem to be unheard of.
  • edited January 2016

Axel said:

One assumes Blue Diamond is still around. I've become a subscriber more and more to the "Diamond gems are fusions between the strongest gems and that's why they try to prevent other different gems from fusing with one another" theory. Rose Quartz was one-half of Pink Diamond, and Blue Diamond's defeat and separation into two weaker gems was what won the rebellion.

I don't think that's plausible, given that gem fusions between the same kinds of gem don't change the gem type and fusions between different kinds of gem seem to be unheard of.
    Unheard of because it's kept secret. Your post can also support the theory, Maybe also where there's a bubbled piece of Bismuth in Lion. Perhaps that's one half of Pink/blue Diamond.
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • Fucking finally.
  • Axel said:

Unheard of because it's kept secret. Your post can also support the theory, Maybe also where there's a bubbled piece of Bismuth in Lion. Perhaps that's one half of Pink/blue Diamond.
    The Bismuth is half of Pink Diamond theory is what sold me on this. That would be why Rose sealed it in Lion, maybe why she created Lion, so that Pink Diamond would go away and the Gem power structure would be weakened. But yeah, I suspect the Diamonds are secret fusions and they keep the true power of fusion from other gems to enforce their rule.

• This show is too good for me to theorycraft in any way. I don't want to predict where it is going or assume far too much into what everything the characters are. The universal is beautiful and the characters are rich with personality and character development. There's a lot that could be assumed, but why ruin the surprise? If you end up being right or wrong about the theory, don't both paths lead to some level of disappointment?
  • I prefer to be able to think about it, so that the show can (hopefully) outsmart me. If I put my best foot forward and the show is better, then that's good.

And I can't help but theorize. I think about lore and backstory about everything. I'm not gonna shut it off unnaturally.
  • Based on yesterday's and Monday's episodes, I think the overall theme of the week is going to be personal growth or change.
  • I'm pleasantly amused by the fact that, while Steven Universe was already a coming-of-age story, it now gets to be one in a much more literal sense.
  • so apparently we need some "Ronaldo was Right" swag
  • Ugh. More and more my worrying prediction for the end of this arc seems likelier and likelier.
  • Axel said:

Ugh. More and more my worrying prediction for the end of this arc seems likelier and likelier.

Spoilers for episodes after this steven bomb leaved by Cartoon Network say, if you're thinking what I thought, don't worry too much.