This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Connecticon 2013 Staffing and Panels

Comments

• The table in the hallways is official "Panel Ops." We'll be there basically all-con. This year, unlike last year, we should have a bigger sign to make it more obvious what that table is. ;^)
  • The table in the hallways is official "Panel Ops." We'll be there basically all-con. This year, unlike last year, we should have a bigger sign to make it more obvious what that table is. ;^)
    Which side is the table on this year? City or River?
    Which side is the table on this year? City or River?
    We've always had it on riverside. I wonder if the table will actually be there when I walk in on Friday morning so I don't have to fight the convention center staff for an hour just to get the table and chairs in the first place.
  • If we want to help out at-con, is there some particular table or office we should drop by? I seem to recall a table in the hallway last year.
    If you want benefits you could go to the official volunteer ops. I believe it is opposite con ops on the bottom floor. Could be wrong about that.
  • Is the schedule going to be on Guidebook this year?
  • Oh by the by I should be arriving at the convention center late afternoon on Thursday, do I need to report anywhere for staffing duties for you or show documentation that I am a part of pony ops?
    Come find me!! I'll have your info packet & all the Pony badges.
  • edited July 2013
    I wonder if the table will actually be there when I walk in on Friday morning so I don't have to fight the convention center staff for an hour just to get the table and chairs in the first place.
    Oh, I'm on it.

Also, food discounts:

ALL ConnectiCon badges get you 20% off at:
    The Russell
    Laetus
    East Coast Dog - open until 3am!!! (we love Mike Brown (owner) around the CTCon office)
    Burger Baby

Staff badges get you additional %off and additional venues where the discount is valid. All of this info will be printed in the program, and should be in every panelist/staff info packet!
    Post edited by eggs on
  • Anybody who wants to be added to the GroupMe, either post here or message me. Anybody on the GroupMe can add new members. If you're not 100% sure that we'll already have your email address, please include that (GroupMe needs it to add people).
  • The bunnies are coming today, today!
    The bunnies are coming hurray, hurray!
  • Anybody who wants to be added to the GroupMe, either post here or message me. Anybody on the GroupMe can add new members. If you're not 100% sure that we'll already have your email address, please include that (GroupMe needs it to add people).
    Yo
  • Last time I was on the GroupMe I was like, the only one who talked. You guys probably had a second, secret GroupMe once you realized how annoying I was. :P

Not staff, though. We're not even vendors/artists this year (they opened registration WAY too early for me and sold out before I had the dough.)

Sarah and I are going after last minute sales of worldly possessions to finance the excursion. She's cosplaying Aradia from Homestuck on one or more days and I'm doing Dad even though I have no clue what I'm doing, and probably Walter White another day.
  • GroupMe hates my phones and doesn't want to play nice with me.
  • George, really? Have you tried both app and SMS interface?

Muppet, you were just a little more talkative than some of us. Do you want in? If so remind me your email.
  • I sent jtvh a message asking to add me to the groupme, but other than a sms I got, groupme never recognized it.
  • Sure, why not. I'm mark.warner@gmail.com

Sarah is sarahw98@gmail.com

• I sent jtvh a message asking to add me to the groupme, but other than a sms I got, groupme never recognized it.
    I wonder what went wrong. I added you based on your previous GroupMe contact info. Maybe send me your email address and I'll try again?
    Sure, why not. I'm mark.warner@gmail.com

Sarah is sarahw98@gmail.com

I'll add you. Were you asking for Sarah too?
  • Add please: Gundampilotspaz@gmail.com
  • Yeah sorry if that wasn't explicit. :-)
  • Add please: Gundampilotspaz@gmail.com
    Done.
    Yeah sorry if that wasn't explicit. :-)
    No problem. I was being overly cautious. She's added now.
  • It'll probably just confuse her but that'll be briefly amusing. :-)

I don't think any of her friends are going, she may as well meet some new people.
  • So. The Spotlight theater is showing Pacific Rim tonight at 10. Tickets are 6$ with your con badge.
  • Matt said:
    How low does one need to be to thing RPG cards would be a worthy thing to steal?
  • Are we to assume that if we were staff last CTCon, then, barring being explicitly told so, we're staff again? Or do we have to re-apply?
  • Anyone who was staff last year (and wasn't kicked out of the con) is welcome to staff again! It's like Enforcing: once you're in, you're in (unless you fuck up). ;^)
  • Rym said:

Anyone who was staff last year (and wasn't kicked out of the con) is welcome to staff again! It's like Enforcing: once you're in, you're in (unless you fuck up). ;^)

When you're a staff, you're a staff all the way, from your first board-a-game till you're last dying day, then? :P
  • Neito said:

Are we to assume that if we were staff last CTCon, then, barring being explicitly told so, we're staff again? Or do we have to re-apply?

You sent that email reapplying, didn't you?
  • edited February 2014
    What email?
    Post edited by Neito on
  • One of the staff from last year reapplied through the website form but I can't find the email anymore. Rym obviously forgot to mention that once you staff for us and we like you, we never let you go... ;)
  • We never give you up. Never let you down.