This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Front Row Crew Forum Potential Creative Project (aka Project Shittalk)

13»

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Hm. I guess you all really were shit-talking. A pity, that.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Well, I'm still waiting for access to the google doc.
  • I am still interested. Seriously, I am all ready to do this project. Just tell me when, and I'll go.
  • I am still interested. Seriously, I am all ready to do this project. Just tell me when, and I'll go.
    If you wait for someone to tell you, then it will never happen. No time like the present.

Also, see my previous prediction of shit-talking. So far, 100% right.
  • Also, see my previous prediction of shit-talking. So far, 100% right.
    Well, there's a first for everything, I guess.
  • Well, I'm still waiting for access to the google doc.
    Thought I added you already. Fixed.
    I am still interested. Seriously, I am all ready to do this project. Just tell me when, and I'll go.
    If you wait for someone to tell you, then it will never happen. No time like the present.
    Seriously. Man, I wrote the script and recorded the biggest part of the VO already; what bigger invitation is that?
  • GeoGeo
    edited March 2013
    Well, I'm still waiting for access to the google doc.
    Thought I added you already. Fixed.
    I am still interested. Seriously, I am all ready to do this project. Just tell me when, and I'll go.
    Seriously. Man, I wrote the script and recorded the biggest part of the VO already; what bigger invitation is that?
    But we need to have a real-time utility that will allow us the ability to collaborate on what should be done with the elements you have provided us. Google Hangouts perhaps? If anyone is game for a Hangout sometime this week, I am.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited March 2013
    Failure to launch.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • edited March 2013
    But we need to have a real-time utility that will allow us the ability to collaborate on what should be done with the elements you have provided us. Google Hangouts perhaps? If anyone is game for a Hangout sometime this week, I am.
    You are over complicating things.

All we need now is for someone to make some light illustrations to go along with the audio. After that, it'll take maybe a half hour for anyone with a modicum of video editing ability to put it together. If we want to get really fancy, I can go stick some sound effects and foley in there.

Viga (or anyone else can draw), do you feel up to making some illustrations? Just some storyboard type stuff. Nothing fancy; I'm thinking even Domics type stuff is cool.

Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Not gonna lie, I wasn't expecting this to go anywhere. I asked for access to the doc just so that I could watch it not progress.
  • GeoGeo
    edited March 2013
    Why is there little to no faith in this/interest in getting it off the ground?
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Why is there little to no faith in this?
    How many times has any group project on the internet been shittalk? How many times have all the people on this forum, collectively, shittalked?

• Why is there little to no faith in this?
    How many times has any group project on the internet been shittalk? How many times have all the people on this forum, collectively, shittalked?

All the times.
  • GeoGeo
    edited March 2013
    Why is there little to no faith in this?
    From what I've observed, its usually its due to a lack of commitment and/or structure. Not to sound like a condescending ass, but I expect that from many other places; I don't expect it from here. I say that because the people I've met here are some of the most talented, coolest, and smartest people I've ever interacted with (regardless of whether it was in real-life or on the internet).

Any one of the individual projects we produce on our own are usually awesome in some way, so why not pool our talents and resources and make something that is collectively awesome and, by the end, feel a sense of accomplishment knowing that we all pitched in some amount of effort to make it so?
    Why is there little to no faith in this?

All the times.
    It shouldn't have to be that way. Why don't we actually see something through this time so there will be more of an incentive to produce more content in the future? Setting a precedent in this manner is always a good thing.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Having been witness to, and participant in, a great many shit-talking instances, is the primary reason I have set my ground rule of not helping with this until there was something concrete to help with.
  • Sorry I went AWOL. I had two cons to present at and a bunch of stuff for school and other projects I needed to get done.

Ah~ I remember the kiss story from a long time back.
  • edited March 2013
    Less drama, more working. If you really wanted this to happen, you wouldn't be posting, you would be doing.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • I will personally accept entertaining drama as an alternative.
  • GeoGeo
    edited March 2013
    Having been witness to, and participant in, a great many shit-talking instances, is the primary reason I have set my ground rule of not helping with this until there was something concrete to help with.
    Ask Sonic to let you in to the Google Doc folder and you will find the MP3 that he created.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited March 2013
    I will personally accept entertaining drama as an alternative.
    Which is why I'm here too.

Geo, the main reason it takes sooooo much effort and coordination to get a shit talk project off the ground when it includes so many awesome and creative people is BECAUSE it includes so many awesome and creative people. Everyone also has so many other awesome and creative projects to work on.

If dedicate time and energy to a group project, and while that might be rewarded with warm fuzziness at some indeterminate point in the future, my own solo projects that I work on today will give me warm fuzziness today. Since Monday morning I have personally written, produced, shot and edited five YouTube videos. This included writing a song, a rap and a two person opera, performing an improvised interpretive dance, and much more. On top of that I've performed in a new song in a comedy show, watched five episodes of Firefly, and had sex with my girlfriend.

If there was someone in charge of this project who garunteed to everyone they would do ALL the work, and ALL the jobs, just to make sure it got done, I'd be willing to help out with that work. If everyone helped out that one person, then we might get somewhere. As it is, warm fuzziness can be found elsewhere with far less doubt attached.
    Post edited by Luke Burrage on
  • edited March 2013
    Geo, you want to direct someday, so why not as the next step block out a storyboard for the animator to follow? Figure out the framing for each "shot" and it'll take some work off from the person who touches it after you.

Luke is not wrong, but I think you guys can do this if you just start thinking about how you can break the work up into smaller chunks.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Geo, you want to direct someday, so why not as the next step block out a storyboard for the animator to follow? Figure out the framing for each "shot" and it'll take some work off from the person who touches it after you.
    Sounds a good plan. Geo is probably the most qualified and possibly one of the most experienced at it.
  • GeoGeo
    edited March 2013
    Geo, you want to direct someday, so why not as the next step block out a storyboard for the animator to follow? Figure out the framing for each "shot" and it'll take some work off from the person who touches it after you.
    Sounds a good plan. Geo is probably the most qualified and possibly one of the most experienced at it.
    That's one idea and I like it. I'll get on it now.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Actually, Viga and I approached each other at the same time last night and she is already making the drawings for it. You should get in touch with her.
  • Actually, Viga and I approached each other at the same time last night and she is already making the drawings for it. You should get in touch with her.
    Will do.