This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Lay's newest potato chips flavor: Chicken & Waffles

13»

Comments

• They just taste like chicken and maple flavored chips. They're okay but not great.
  • They just taste like chicken and maple flavored chips. They're okay but not great.
    Can you preserve one in some sort of amber or other solid material for future generations?
  • edited February 2013
    I bought a bag today.
    So I have to ask... where did you find them? I looked at some convenience stores in NY over the weekend and found them to be... elusive.
    Yeah, I haven't seen them in any convenience stores either. I found them at Wegmans.

The only new flavor of the three that I've not yet tried is the Cheese & Garlic Bread. The Sriracha flavor was okay, but it didn't really taste like sriracha to me (not like Huy Fong sriracha found in most American grocery stores, anyway).
    Post edited by trogdor9 on
    Can you preserve one in some sort of amber or other solid material for future generations?
    There's talk of selling them at the Yellowstone souvenir shops.
  • There's talk of selling them at the Yellowstone souvenir shops.
    To appease the spirit of Yogi the Bear.

Alas, no Wegmans near me. I have yet to check into the big box stores around here though, which are Kmart and Target. I am NOT going to ebay on this one.
  • Yeah, I haven't seen them in any convenience stores either. I found them at Wegmans.
    What area? I've tried three of the Wegman's around Rochester and had no luck.

Alas, no Wegmans near me. I have yet to check into the big box stores around here though, which are Kmart and Target. I am NOT going to ebay on this one.
    The City Target a block from my work has them, but only in the big bags according to my girlfriend.
  • Yeah, I haven't seen them in any convenience stores either. I found them at Wegmans.
    What area? I've tried three of the Wegman's around Rochester and had no luck.
    Caulkins Road Wegmans has them, Marketplace Wegmans near RIT does not.
    He will be missed

• Tried all three new flavors yesterday. Went in with low expectations and they met them. The Sriracha one was ok, at best. Not really much of a potato chip eater, but at least we're seeing more Sriracha flavor stuff getting out there.

I also never had chicken and waffles. I can see why people like that, but I really don't like fried chicken.
  • What?! Don't like fried chicken?! Absurdity.

Sriracha is the only one I haven't tried yet. I know I have had a couple chips from the cheesebread one but I basically don't remember anything about it, which tells me it was nothing to write home about.