This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

FRC 2013 Gaming Grand Prix

1789101113»

Comments

• I didn't really expect to do well on this round, but being the top person with 0 points kind of sucks :(
    I can't figure out if that's better or worst than being the last among the scoring participants. I feel as though I set out to climb Everest and tripped on a curb leaving the airport in Tibet.
  • I gotta drop out of this. I didn't have the time to invest to actually get good at Canabalt and that's not changing in future rounds, and I already know I'm the worst so there isn't any big loss there.
  • I didn't really expect to do well on this round, but being the top person with 0 points kind of sucks :(
    I can't figure out if that's better or worst than being the last among the scoring participants. I feel as though I set out to climb Everest and tripped on a curb leaving the airport in Tibet.
    The only way to score lower than you is to trip on everything in the office and fall short of landing on the first building. Which is about 50 metres usually.
  • Which is about 50 metres usually.
    Minimum distance is 101m.
  • Which is about 50 metres usually.
    Minimum distance is 101m.
    You certain? Got source? Prove it man.
  • I'm way late to this (that's what I get for having a podcast backlog), but it looks like registration is still open. Count me in from round three onward.
  • I'm way late to this (that's what I get for having a podcast backlog), but it looks like registration is still open. Count me in from round three onward.
    Mmmm, I don't know. Did we decide registration is still open, or not? The rules keep changing. This grand prix is definitely beta.
  • There is no way of him winning. I would say just let him in to play.
  • Given the Grand Prix scoring system, it's entirely possible for him to win.

However, I don't see why we shouldn't let him in. He's already at a disadvantage for entering late.
  • Also, your own rules say you should let him in:
    All forum members are eligible. Post in this thread to register. Registrations will be permitted at any time before the end, but a late registrant will score straight zeros for any already completed rounds.
  • Ok, you're in then.
  • edited April 2013
    Thanks! I was going by the "late registrant" rule quoted by lackofcheese, and I'm fine with an uphill battle :).
    Post edited by thisisalan on
  • Unless you name is Jernau Morat Gurgeh, I don't like your odds. But by all means, try, try away! ;-)
  • The next game Scott should introduce a game and then ask for 5 dollar payments to get a 10 point boost. :-p
  • The next game Scott should introduce a game and then ask for 5 dollar payments to get a 10 point boost. :-p
    GENIUS
  • I think Tetris should be included at some point.
  • Tetris DS for high score for basic to 100 lines? 25 tetris with T-Spins coming.

Also, I don't care about the Galagas and won't be participating this round. :P
  • HateTris. Your final score becomes your points for that round.
  • 25 tetris with T-Spins coming.
    I'm impressed. Making a Tetris with a T-block is not something I have yet mastered.
  • 25 tetris with T-Spins coming.
    I'm impressed. Making a Tetris with a T-block is not something I have yet mastered.
    You can't make a Tetris with it. You make 3-lines. It's just that a modern Tetris that respects the T-Spin gives you big points for it.
  • Final round will begin when I get back from PAX.
  • edited October 2013
    OK, so I think I've already won the Grand Prix at this point, and that's even if you don't count the Galaga round.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • OK, so I think I've already won the Grand Prix at this point.
    That was pretty much a foregone conclusion as you participated in low participation rounds, and also performed extremely well in high participation rounds.
  • Please can I run the next FRC Forum Gaming Grand Prix?
  • edited October 2013
    Please can I run the next FRC Forum Gaming Grand Prix?
    If you think anyone will participate, go nuts and good luck.
    Post edited by Apreche on
    Moar Canabalt!

No seriously, just find 4 more games like that.

Moar Canabalt!

No seriously, just find 4 more games like that.

There are many games like that, but few are so accessible, and free, etc.

• It's all over. Congratulations to lackofcheese. He earned many points simply due to dedication and participation, but also scored extremely highly in all four rounds. He never came in less than third place. Whatever flaws the grand prix may have had, there is no doubt his gaming skills are far above those of all other participants, so he is a very deserving champion. So great is his skill it deserves some yet to be determined prize.

The end.
  • there is no doubt his gaming skills are far above those of all other participants
    wow

such surpirse

much unspected

that opononts