This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

FRC 2013 Gaming Grand Prix

Comments

• edited February 2013
    It would also behoove players to have a PC gamepad of some sort.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • "Die IRL" itself is funny to me.
    I'll try my best not to hurt peoples feelings, but when it comes to my competitive spirit sometimes I can be not so nice. Plus shit talking is fun.
    I'll try my best not to hurt peoples feelings, but when it comes to my competitive spirit sometimes I can be not so nice. Plus shit talking is fun.
    I hope you die IRL.
    I hope you die IRL.
    Not before I lick the tears coming down your face from making you cry because I whooped your ass so hard in this game.
  • Sign me up.
  • Are you gonna do MP games too? I live on a weird schedule so idk if I could do things that aren't asynchronous MP, but this sounds pretty cool!
  • Are you gonna do MP games too? I live on a weird schedule so idk if I could do things that aren't asynchronous MP, but this sounds pretty cool!
    This question was already answered.
  • This question was already answered.
    Ah cool missed that. Nevermind then!
  • This question was already answered.
    Ah cool missed that. Nevermind then!
    So are you in or out?

• Since my Windows computer isn't available to me at the moment, I'm guessing there will be some games I won't be able to play. But I'm in for funzies.
  • Out!! Good luck ppl
  • I'll bite. I will just ask that as a non-Windows user, please try to pick games that are available on all PC platforms.
  • Screw it I am in.
  • Something gaming related going on? And it's not a argument for a change?
    Sing me up. I'm ready to play to win.
  • What are we actually doing with the games? A competitive multiplayer 1 v 1? Speed running? Doing an arbitrary goal?
  • What are we actually doing with the games? A competitive multiplayer 1 v 1? Speed running? Doing an arbitrary goal?
    You could try reading the thread. But each round is different.
  • So for any emulated game, or "I'm the best at this game" do we need to hold a newspaper up beside our high score?

• Well sign me up then.
  • So for any emulated game, or "I'm the best at this game" do we need to hold a newspaper up beside our high score?

Instructions will vary game to game. As far as evidence, more is better.
  • Unless one of the games is either any Command & Conquer or Advance Wars, I'm sitting this out as I don't wish to be utterly stomped for the amusement of the forum.
  • My death shall bring renewed hope to my people! None shall stand, all will be on bended knee when this day is done. To run now is to accept this just the same.
  • I feel like I should be working on my Zelda speed-run time right now.
  • Unless one of the games is either any Command & Conquer or Advance Wars, I'm sitting this out as I don't wish to be utterly stomped for the amusement of the forum.
    You, and anyone else who is too cowardly to compete, should play the games on your own to see how well you do. Maybe you will see you are not as bad as you thought.
  • I guess I should start learning how to install emulated games?
  • It would be really funny if the end result of this is Apreche "happened" to pick games Rym sucks at for future shit-talking purposes.
  • Count me in!
    You've never emulated a game. I've been doing that shit since the late '90s. Welcome to a world of amazingness! Every NES/SNES/Genesis game EVER right at your fingertips. I will also be trying to pick games that are available on many platforms so that there is likely to be a legal option for almost everybody if they wish to spend, or have already spent, moneys.
  • It would be really funny if the end result of this is Apreche "happened" to pick games Rym sucks at for future shit-talking purposes.
    There will be enough rounds and enough game variety that nobody should be particularly advantaged. The winner will be the player who can consistently get points every round, and not necessarily someone who gets lucky and has one of their best games picked.
    You've never emulated a game. I've been doing that shit since the late '90s. Welcome to a world of amazingness! Every NES/SNES/Genesis game EVER right at your fingertips. I will also be trying to pick games that are available on many platforms so that there is likely to be a legal option for almost everybody if they wish to spend, or have already spent, moneys.
    Yeah, I know. I remember some thread talking about which ones to use or whatever. I was just always leary of them because I was afraid it was full of malware or trojans that would make me have to reinstall my OS.