This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

FRC 2013 Gaming Grand Prix

Comments

• I feel like I'm the only one that hates Playstation d-pads. Sure, the buttons work properly, but the fact that they have that separation between them is just as bad. Nintendo d-pad is king, and always will be.
    Preach it. I have always despised Sony's controllers.
    Both of you are insane. If you have any issue with the Sony controllers, it has to be the L2/R2 buttons. Every other button is perfect.
    Only on PS3 controller, Dualshocks one and two had just fine L2/R2s.

• Dualshocks one and two had just fine L2/R2s.
    Even on the Dualshock, those buttons felt a bit loose. I actually like the PS3 buttons more, but I know that I'm crazy.
  • I feel like I'm the only one that hates Playstation d-pads. Sure, the buttons work properly, but the fact that they have that separation between them is just as bad. Nintendo d-pad is king, and always will be.
    I will agree that the Nintendo d-pad up until the N64 era was always perfect. I feel like every since then they just can't get that same good feel. The d-pad on the Gamecube felt fine, but was hard to use, whereas the d-pads on the Wii, Wii U, and all variations of the DS have felt stiff and not as responsive with subtle movements. But that could just be me.
    I will agree that the Nintendo d-pad up until the N64 era was always perfect. I feel like every since then they just can't get that same good feel. The d-pad on the Gamecube felt fine, but was hard to use, whereas the d-pads on the Wii, Wii U, and all variations of the DS have felt stiff and not as responsive with subtle movements. But that could just be me.
    Nah, you're not alone. The DS and Wii/WiiU d-pads were really crap and it was always a displeasure to use them. The older Nintendo D-Pads will always be the best.

• I have never liked Sony's d-pads, analog sticks, or the angles of the handles on the controller.
  • Might be that I've mostly used Playstation controllers but i'm perfectly fine with them. I'll agree that the Nintendo D-pad is better, but the Xbox one is definitely worse.

Also count me in for this.
  • Count me in too.
  • Can someone give me examples of how this would work so I know what I'd be getting into?

Would I be hunting down emulators/roms and post screenshots of a highscore?

Would I be downloading TF2/CS:GO and playing you guys at a preset time (that I might not be able to make?)

Would I be signing up to an internet board game site and playing you guys?

Would I be flying to NY and meet at an arcade for some Street Fighter action?
  • Scott is making it as low cost and as accessible as possible. That answers basically all your questions.
  • Alright, count me in.
  • Fine, I'm in too
  • I guess I have nothing to loose. I'll play.
  • edited February 2013
    image I'll play your game, you rogue.
    Post edited by Shaun on
  • Write me up Scotty!
  • I'm totally in; However, I am unemployed and will not be able to buy new games. I will give it my best shot!
  • Write me up Scotty!
    Okay, then...
  • Why yes, I am interested some competitive game time.
  • I'm so in. I'm liable to get my ass handed to me, but I'll have fun doing it!
  • We're going to have something like 50 people, aren't we? This is insane.
  • We're going to have something like 50 people, aren't we? This is insane.
    48 people currently.
  • Sign me up. I thought I could just add my name to the doc but apparently not.
  • Count me in!
  • And we're at 50!

• I propose an addendum to the rules: winner must submit proof of doing at least 1 pushup. Otherwise erstwhile winner is DQ'd and second place is now the winner. Second must now submit pushup evidence, etc etc...
  • Apreche isn't competing.
  • If you make it 40 pushups I might have a slim chance of actually winning.... Maybe....
  • We're not at 50. We're at 49. The top row in the column is a header.
  • Apreche isn't competing.
    I know. I just think it would be a good requirement.
  • If you make it 40 pushups I might have a slim chance of actually winning.... Maybe....
    Yeah.. (._.) apart from dominion, there's not much else I have a chance in. But I *can* do push-ups.