This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

FRC 2013 Gaming Grand Prix

Comments

• Man, I REALLY hope round 1 is challenge pissing.
  • Sadly I'm super busy Friday. How long will we have to finish a challenge?
  • One week, I believe.
  • I think we should begin with a push up contest. Scott can set the bar for qualifying.
  • edited February 2013
    We all take the piss out of Scott for not being able to do a pushup, but I'm imagining some big rocky training montage, and the final shot is him doing TWO pushups.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I can do pushups until the cows come home, pullups... thats a different matter.
  • Well, shit. Can I still get in on this?
  • Y U no add me to Google docs...

"I will be in for now."
  • We all take the piss out of Scott for not being able to do a pushup, but I'm imagining some big rocky training montage, and the final shot is him doing TWO pushups.
    Sweat pouring from his brow as swears pour from his mouth, straining and screaming in rage.

"3!"
  • Haha, this just reminded me of that episode where Scott admits he can't do a single pushup.
  • i would like to join. i hope at least one of the challenges involves Street Fighter.
  • You've got about a day left.
  • edited February 2013
    I got no reason to not join. I'm in!
    Post edited by Agnara on
  • Why do you have to officially enter? Why isn't it on an ad-hoc basis?
    Really. Who the fuck cares. Primary goal should be to have fun, fuck wasting time on administration.
    Really. Who the fuck cares. Primary goal should be to have fun, fuck wasting time on administration.
    Don't you know anything about games? Primary goal should be winning.

• edited February 2013
    Why do you have to officially enter? Why isn't it on an ad-hoc basis?
    To prove you are capable of following instructions and reading this thread.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • IT'S COMING.
  • IT'S COMING.
    I can't wait for people to argue about the selections and rules.
  • It will be the TF2 scrim all over again.
  • Please, please, please no arguing. If you have a single complaint, how about just not taking part.
  • edited February 2013
    Luke, it's not like you'll have to do anything more than scroll past the arguments at worst. Besides, it's just silly to suggest that if someone finds an event imperfect then they should avoid it altogether.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I just want to say up front that this first game that Scott picked... COMPLETE BULLSHIT.

Tournament structure is awful, settings for the game make absolutely no sense. It's not even a good choice to begin with. A monkey could run a better gaming grand prix.
    Because ad-hoc things tend to suck, not be taken seriously, and fall apart.
    Because ad-hoc things tend to suck, not be taken seriously, and fall apart.
    There's a discussion to be had there with regards to correlation vs causation, but on the whole I agree.
  • If the time isn't up, I'd like to enter too. I'll be one of the international contestants!
  • All these people who don't post coming out of the woodwork. Y U NO SAY THINGS?