This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights Monday - Augmented Reality

2»

Comments

• edited February 2013
    But I want a quad copter.
    And you are not wrong for wanting it.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • You would need to make something to do that which would not be trivial, and a copter would not be the right answer, although it would be a great show if it worked.

I think a better idea would be to have some sort of remotely triggered catapult, trebuchet, air cannon, etc. off the side of the stage. Maybe even a high powered t-shirt cannon all the way behind the audience. It could launch confetti and a ball simultaneously.

You don't have to worry about getting something up in the air, so the trick will work in any venue, indoors or outdoors. You would just have to re calibrate the launchers on a per-venue basis depending on the distance from the stage.
    But I want a quad copter.
    You have money. You can solve this problem.
  • And then Luke bought a quadcopter.
  • I'm glad you mentioned Spiderman 2099, Scott. It was an excellent comic.
  • Have one quadcopter standing by to dive in and save dropped balls.

Have second quadcopter sidle in and start bouncing ball with first quadcopter. Look annoyed at them for stealing the show.

Have five more quadcopters come and steal all your balls mid air and start doing amazing quadcopet based juggling.

Take newspaper and coffee mug exits stage left.
  • Guy in a trenchcoat comes out to do juggling act. Is just a bunch of quadcopters.
  • edited February 2013
    Guy in a trenchcoat comes out to do juggling act. Is just a bunch of quadcopters.
    There is a Chuck Testa joke in there somewhere...
    Post edited by Dr. Timo on
  • To reheat a naan, take some oven parchment (wax paper, what-have-you), and run water over it in the sink. Crumple it into a little ball as you run water over it. Take it out from under the water and uncrumple it. Wrap it around the cold naan. Wrap some foil around that, but don't totally cover it so some of the steam can get out. You can then put this little bundle in the oven and reheat it without it drying out or it getting tough or whatever.

I learned this after growing frustrated with microwaving naan to reheat it - which tends to make it hard or weirdly-chewy.
  • edited February 2013
    To reheat a naan, *snip*
    or you could just dip it in garlic oil and fry in a pan. I mean it's not rocket science.
    Post edited by Dr. Timo on
  • That would be my second choice - for instance if I don't happen to be cooking something else in the oven at the same time. I want my reheated naan to be the perfect combination of chewy and fluffy, just like it was when it came out of the pan for the first time.
  • Robot gut, you fools.
  • Thank you so much for posting the "poor Youtube performance" link. I used the windows version and for the first time I can stream 1080 Youtube without buffering. I am super happy.

Comcast cable in WA
  • I followed the prescribed in the article Rym posted to no success. I then ran a traceroute in the event that they are using different cache ip's in my area. I seemed to have stumbled on to at least one and blocked it (72.14.198.73). That improved my download speeds from youtube immensely.
  • I didn't check out the link but I did notice the other day I was having YouTube videos on the Nerdist channel stall out on me on my HTPC. I have fios and this is the first time it ever happened. Was shocked.

• Just an interesting augmented reality video regarding dating.
  • Gamification. :-/