This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Strip Search

Comments

• Even though they just started, it seems that they have already decided to use Katie as a hammer. Send the person you want to get rid of to battle with Katie to get them sent home.
  • Do you think the elimination will be the same idea every time?
    Well, we can see from the preview that they're definitely drawing something, and it's pretty reasonable to assume that the better art, as judged by Mike & Jerry, will win - at that point, the idea that they'll be using concepts from the Wastebasket of Broken Dreams seems a pretty safe assumption, no?
    Yeah you can pretty much assume the eliminations will be loosely the same format as each other, with whatever wrinkle the paper from the wastebasket provides keeping things fresh.

• I thought that in the last elimination both comics were pretty bad
    The fuck is wrong with you? Katie's was great. It had basically everything but time!
  • edited March 2013
    I thought that in the last elimination both comics were pretty bad
    The fuck is wrong with you? Katie's was great. It had basically everything but time!
    Agreed. I would bet a few actual real moneys that Katie will survive again.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I thought that in the last elimination both comics were pretty bad
    It's called an opinion.

I thought that it was okay but it was almost exactly what I would've expected with "Space" and "Table Tennis". I was hoping for a bit more out-of-the-box ideas. Of course, it was WAY better than Alex's comic, but neither one made me even chuckle.
  • I had that Alex dude pegged to leave from day 1. He screamed awkward.
  • I'm watching because Mike and Jerry are solid gold.
  • "What's your favorite part about Hitler?" was no question the best moment so far.
  • I'm watching because Mike and Jerry are solid gold.
    Artists... TIME to really knuckle down.

Mike has thing that I have noticed for many years. He finds a joke, and then he'll use it over and over as many times as possible. Other jokes he uses at every appropriate opportunity:

It's the Penny Arcade Expo, not the INSERT_X_HERE Expo.

Anyone want to guess what the final game is for the Omegathon? Wrong, wrong, wrong, no, no, no... (he has done this one for at least the last 5 PAXes)

There was another one that I remember from when they did a podcast. Can't remember it right now.
  • For the t-shirt design, I have to admit, I thought Katie's was amazing. She was the only design I would have actually purchased. The rest of them... Too bland, no spirit. I never purchase the run-of-the-mill merchandise-themed T-shirts. I want something that has heart and expresses something, and I thought she had that nailed.
    Kiko's strong opinion against her t-shirt kind of made me dislike him a bit. It sounded like his main arguments against her entry were that his golden rules for design were broken.
  • AND WHAT THE HELL, A CINTIQ FOR WINNING THE TRIVIA CHALLENGE? That blew me away! I'd have fallen over if I were Lexi. But seriously, that seems like a really amazing art-themed prize for a challenge that was not art-related whatsoever... I can't say I was too thrilled about that. It seems like that was a prize that could have been saved for later, unless other prizes will blow that out of the water.
    And dear lord, that interviewer. Harsh!
  • She was obviously told to be an asshat, in real life, it falls over the interviewer to be liked by the interviewee if they actually want information out of them.
  • Sad face comic is sad.
  • I am pleased with the elimination. I'll wait a bit as to avoid spoilers.
  • Well, Jerry and Mike did a great job once again.
  • I really want to get into the show but find it mostly dull and the people unlike able. Mike and Jerry are cool but yeah doesn't really float my boat. Its a bit like RoosterTeeth's Gauntlet series that left me feeling a bit flat, then again most of their competitors were douches.
  • I really want to get into the show but find it mostly dull and the people unlike able. Mike and Jerry are cool but yeah doesn't really float my boat. Its a bit like RoosterTeeth's Gauntlet series that left me feeling a bit flat, then again most of their competitors were douches.
    Mike and Jerry have been cracking me up. I think they are among the most entertaining part of this show.
  • It's too bad they're in so little of it.
  • It's too bad they're in so little of it.
    I feel like the good parts of the show are them and we are putting up with the bullshit game-to-be-an-artist because we like Penny-Arcade. I would rather just see more PATV focused on them and their creative process. I can't get enough of 4th panel.
  • I miss long podcasts.
  • edited March 2013
    The latest episode was the kind of thing this should be about all the time.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • The latest episode was the kind of thing this should be about all the time.
    Agreed.
  • I also agree, best episode and best challenge yet. Show is slowly improving. I expect it will also get better as they narrow the field and can focus on people a bit more.
  • Dat Amy/Erika.
  • I want to see more arts. Moar arts liek rite now.
    While I'm really looking forward to Katie drawing more elimination strips (her first one was wonderful, the second... arghhghgh Katie why did you make something so dumb), I hope she doesn't wind up on the elimination block again because I really like her right now. Great art, good attitude at the whole thing.
  • You should read PvP this week, as the contestants have guest spots where they illustrated individual panels.
  • My horse is still in the race. I shall not mention them by name for fear of jinxing them. Yes, I know it doesn't matter but I'm weird, ok? I'm not even a fan of arts so much. I'm much more interested in the interpersonal dynamics.
  • No surprises in this episode.
  • It's funny, Amy came off as really cold when I saw her in the show, but then this video made me really like her...Hmm...