This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Strip Search

Comments

• Wow...If that last shot means what I think it does, I'mma be a happy camper.
  • Three minutes in..... whaaaat? Erika picks unwisely.
  • Three minutes in..... whaaaat? Erika picks unwisely.
    Now watching.
  • This will backfire on Erika. What the contestant she picked just said kinda confirms it.
  • AWESOME WASTEBASKET!
  • Mike and Jerry's faces when looking at the completed comics are priceless.
  • CHEATING! CHEATING!
  • Not much point in making predictions if they cheat, right? I'd have liked them to have shown that previous comic to Mac and Nick, just so they understood what was going on. It seemed they were a bit too much in the dark about it all.
  • Not much point in making predictions if they cheat, right? I'd have liked them to have shown that previous comic to Mac and Nick, just so they understood what was going on. It seemed they were a bit too much in the dark about it all.
    Pretty sure Nick & Mac saw the wall of winning comics.
  • They wouldn't have seen the comic in question as only Tavis's comic would have been there. They should have seen the reason why Mike and Jerry decided what they decided.
  • They wouldn't have seen the comic in question as only Tavis's comic would have been there. They should have seen the reason why Mike and Jerry decided what they decided.
    They've seen it now.
  • Now, yes. But I wanted to see their faces when they saw it, and understood why what happened happened.
  • edited April 2013
    This is something I've been curious about -- do the artists get to pick how their workstations are set up during elimination? Sometimes they use Cintiqs, other times the more simpler-style tablets.
    I noticed the audio was a little lower quality in this episode too, at least in the beginning. Oh well.
    The s'mores eating. Win. I don't know why, but I found that the most hilarious thing this episode.
    H-h-h-holyyy crap! DOUBLE ELIMINATIONNNN. I did not see that coming! Good twist. AND I AM SO HAPPY LEXXY IS BACK! Wonderful, WONDERFUL twist! The feels I had when the door opened and she stood there, surprised!
    Post edited by Aiyakiu on
  • edited April 2013
    This is something I've been curious about -- do the artists get to pick how their workstations are set up during elimination?
    Khoo tweeted an answer to this last month.
    For those asking. you weren't required to work on a cintiq. We asked what everyone's setup was before filming and accommodated #stripsearch
    Post edited by trogdor9 on
  • Good episode, but I don't like the hinted-at twist at the end. They broke the rules of their own show, and seem to be picking favorites. I don't want to give away spoilers to those who haven't seen it yet, but I don't like what happened.
  • Already spoilers above now :)
  • Already spoilers above now :)
    It's kind of unavoidable. Probably shouldn't read the thread if you don't want to spoil and haven't watch the episode yet.
  • edited April 2013
    This is something I'm also wondering about after looking at some of the artists' pages and twitters. Is the competition still technically going on right now, or is it long done? I figured it was already over and we were in the editing/releasing phase. Just some of their twitters have made it sound like all of this is real time, which I don't see how it could be.
    Post edited by Aiyakiu on
  • In that case, I think that bringing Lexxy back is BS. Do I think she's an amazing artist? Of course. Does a part of me want her back in the competition? Yes. But I still think it's wrong. There is a winner and a loser for the elimination challenge. As last elimination showed us, you can't have two winners, as much as Mike and Jerry wanted to keep both Lexxy and Tavis. Likewise, you shouldn't have two losers.

Watching this episode, and listening to the comments on the comics, it was clear that Nick had won. It shouldn't matter that neither comic was up to the standards of the previous ones. One winner, one loser. I don't want to accuse Mike and Jerry of playing favorites, but if Tavis had gotten eliminated last challenge, do you think they'd be bringing him back? I don't.

If this show was just an art competition, and sometimes I wish it was, just judge them all on their art. But it's not. It's a reality internet show with different types of challenges. Lexxy made a bad mistake in the Kurtz challenge by arguing with him and talking back. She should have suffered the consequences. It doesn't matter if her art is objectively better or worse than anyone else's. She lost, Nick won. They broke their own game.

Of course, this is all assuming that the teaser at the end does indicate that they're bringing Lexxy back. If they aren't, then even though Nick won, I'm not as upset about the double elimination.
  • I agree with jabrams. That's why I said CHEATING!
  • Personally I think Nick would have win, that's for sure. However, I have no problem with what they did in this episode. Except, of course, that my predictions didn't pan out. Nick is obviously a good artist, and i liked his Magic art, but his comic was no where near as good as either Lexxy or Tavis's. He was a victim of clever play by Erika, and I thought he'd easily beat Mac and then, because he's better at non-art challenges, he'd send in Erika on a future round.

But as they said in the lady elimination, this is about the final person in the house. At this rate I can see the final being a re-run of the Lexxy vs Tavis showdown we've already seen. That would be awesome. Judging by art seen so far, it's tricky to pick a winner, because in the end you'll have to be funny and good at art and good at layout and at time management and at talking back to Mike and Jerry. Tavis and Lexxy had it over everyone else in the challenges so far. Erika might be able to stand up to them. Abby no, maki maybe, Amy probably not... Know what I mean?

This way we""'lll end up witha far stronger final four or five.

• I agree, Luke, that if they do bring Lexxy back, it will make for a better show and a stronger competition, but this is a game, and we were told that this game had a certain set of rules, and they broke those rules.

If both comics in the elimination could be so bad that neither artist could return, why didn't they do this during the Katie/Ty challenge? It was clear in that challenge that Mike and Jerry didn't like either of those comics, but Katie's was better, even though it still wasn't good, so she was allowed to return. Why doesn't Nick get the same benefit?
  • It isn't a game. It's a TV show with a contract to sign at the end. The PA team want the best TV show and the best final business partner as possible. Rules and the game are a long way down the list of priorities.
  • At least it will be fun to see the faces of the other artists when Lexxy walks through the door.
  • I like the twist, if only because I feel like Lexxy is a better competitor.

To those saying they broke the rules, well...There are no rules. They are the show-masters. They can do as they please.
  • Considering how difficult it was for them to even pick Lexxy to send home, compared to the relative shit-tier quality of the two comics from this elimination, it makes sense that they'd bring Lexxy back. The individual competitions and such are a nice filter for sure, but the *real* challenge is who can draw the best comic. Clearly, compared to Lexxy, neither Nick nor Mac were up to par. Therefore, for the sake of balance and also quality, they had to bring someone back.
  • An interesting angle is also that this is Lexxy's third attempt at getting a job at Penny Arcade (this was the first one, the second was Strip Search and thus being reinstated it's her third attempt). I am not sure how I would handle it if I was in her shoes and I was going to fail a third time to get my dream job.
  • Yeah. I think she's so determined to work for them that it makes sense for her to return.
  • To be honest neither comic was that much cop. The first one was just bizarrely obscene and the second was just, there.
  • I actually liked the cyclical nature of Mac's comic, with the pig (the sausage) making the guy fart, which then something something and the pig farted. Maybe I read more into the comic than he meant. Either way, both were a bit off. Nick's had a single visual joke, but the panel before didn't lead up to it in any way.