This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Strip Search

Comments

• edited April 2013
    It's a reality show competition not a straight up contest or game. I don't have a problem with them changing the rules, because there aren't any rules (other than whatever's in the contract, but we're not privy to that).

I'm pretty happy with this outcome.
    Post edited by okeefe on
  • From the episode comments.

• edited April 2013
    Rules? What rules? Anyone claiming they "cheated" is merely basing that on unstated assumptions.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Almost all of the reality competition shows have the occasional double elimination or do-over episodes. It's not at all surprising. It's not even really a "twist."
  • I'm not sure how I feel about the phrase "bringing Lexxy back".

My horse is back in it! As I don't watch a whole lot of TV, this was a twist that I hadn't seen coming. It was very welcome indeed.

I love Lexxy so much that I hope to save up enough dough to commission a few pieces from her for the game I'm working on. ^_^
  • Just watched the first four episodes. Had to stop because it made me want to draw so badly.
  • I personally didn't have a problem with the double elimination. Last elimination episode, Mike and Jerry both said they didn't want to send either of the artists home, but they had to. This time, they created a loophole to bring back someone they felt would be a good fit working with them. I found Lexxy's comic very entertaining. It will be interesting to see the reactions of the rest of the group when she gets back.
  • Still super enjoyable to watch!
  • Before someone asks, the sticker Monica stuck to her arm shows the symbol of the Azorius Senate. She probably got it out of her Magic bag.

Also the first time that we really see that the people in the house understand that this is really a competition.
    Also, Amy shows that she is really human. It's nice to see some actual character development, and even more so in a non-fiction setting.

Also, redraw tickets are really fucking OP as far as I can tell. And I am kind of happy that Katie got one.

Apparently next episode Robert Khoo will be the main judge. Challenge should be interesting.

• Also the first time that we really see that the people in the house understand that this is really a competition.
    I think everyone sent to elimination figured that out then, but now everyone's got it.
    Also, Amy shows that she is really human. It's nice to see some actual character development, and even more so in a non-fiction setting.
    She seemed—whether through attitude or selective editing—like a stone cold bitch. It's nice to see more of her. I disliked her up until now.
  • Y U NO LIKE Amy? She was always the best, and is still the best.
  • Jeremy and I are not fond of Amy, either. She may be good at playing this game, but I don't find her to be nearly as great as an artist compared to others.

I'm personally rooting for Maki, Lexxy, & Katie.
  • Jeremy and I are not fond of Amy, either. She may be good at playing this game, but I don't find her to be nearly as great as an artist compared to others.

I'm personally rooting for Maki, Lexxy, & Katie.
    Yeah, I don't know about Amy's art. We really haven't seen that much of it. I don't know if it will be good enough for her to win. I just like her the most as a person because she is for serious.
  • Amy, in talking to Tavis, seemed to say that she was pulling her punches, artistically, in order to not stand out. Maybe now she'll show us what she's capable of.
  • I'm fans of too many. I like Maki, Lexxy, Katie, Abby, and Erika.
  • If I had to distill it down to three (more like force myself to expand to 3), I'd take Lexxy, Katie and Amy. Amy squeaks in because of the humanity she showed in the last episode. I do agree she seemed like a bit of a bitch up until then.
  • So the merchandising challenge was interesting but I have no clue how I would judge it since I'd be completely incompetent. Khoo and Sunter did a good job explaining what they thought was good and bad about each both though.

Anyway, next episode two people will face each other who I thought would be among the final three. And maybe we will see the redraw ticket in action.
  • Going to watch when I get to work.
  • I haven't watched the episode from last night, but regarding the one prior: I was all aboard the Amy train this season, but totally let down that she couldn't keep it up, broke down, cried, and revealed her strategy. Now I don't know who to root for.
  • I am really looking forward to this elimination round.
  • NOOOS my top two peoples!!! I will lose one. :(

Next episode is going to be huge. In the preview Jerry says "It is so refreshing to have an honest person on our elimination stage." Oh yes. Amy in the house.
  • Yeah, I like Maki and Amy and it's a pity to see one of them go, but now that they're up, I really want to see what they come up with.
  • I'm rooting for way too many people. I found out about Strip Search through reading Monica's webcomic, so I'm rooting for her. I've followed Lexxi's art for years now, so I want her to win. I've also really grown to like Amy, Maki, and Katie. Erika is just super awesome, too. Gaaaaah! Too many people!
  • Well, now that the whittling process has passed there are only awesome people left. They also only let awesome people on to begin with. All but one will fail.
  • Now we'll finally get to see what Amy can do.
  • edited April 2013
    I like Abby, but she's below the level of the other artists at this point.

Monica seems cool, and her "Ignite your Spark" art was great, but I feel like she still hasn't stood out enough yet. I want to see her in an elimination round just so we can get her true measure.

As for the rest - Amy, Erika, Katie, Lexxy, Maki, and Tavis - I pretty much like all of them, though for different reasons.

Amy - I like that she understands this is a for-serious game, but having emotions is cool too.
    Erika - Probably the nicest person of the lot, and her art is solid.
    Lexxy - I like her attention to detail.
    Katie - Very distinctive art, and she excels very much in certain areas.
    Maki - I respect his all-round artistic skill, and I thought his art for the MtG challenge was awesome.
    Tavis - I like his ridiculous level of confidence.
  • edited April 2013
    I want to see the redraw ticket get used. Also good to see will be Amy showing her comicing skills and going all out.
  • I want to see the redraw ticket get used. Also good to see will be Amy showing her comicing skills and going all out.
    Yeah, I don't see how Maki can lose with the redraw ticket. I guess if it just lets you go back to the basket, it doesn't help him that much. If it lets him RE-DRAW what chance does Amy have?