This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

So you couldn't make it to PAX...

edited March 2013 in Conventions
It's clear from the hustle and bustle in the PAX thread that a fair portion of the forum is off to PAX East. This thread is for us poor bastards who couldn't afford it/couldn't get time off/couldn't get passes/are too damn far away to chat about what we got stuck doing instead.

Anyone want to express some sour grapes about not being able to make it?

Does anyone have plans to catch the next one?

What are you Doing instead?

Me? I'm having some folks over for Margaritas, Miyazaki Movies and Margherita Pizza, It may not match PAX's Prodigious Plethra of Poindexterish Pursuits, but it does promise to be One Awesomely Alliterative Alcohol fueled Amusement.

Post edited by Drunken Butler on

Comments

• If you're not going you just have to
  • edited March 2013
    grumpycat.jpg

/thread

EDIT: Also Eclipse boardgame night.
    Post edited by Dr. Timo on
  • I am going to Zenkaikon :P
  • In order, No, Yes, and doing what I normally do, mostly working.
  • European here. All I want is the podcast not to be 20% (I measured) about PAX or other conventions.
  • European here. All I want is the podcast not to be 20% (I measured) about PAX or other conventions.
    Look up a little bit. See dat Rainbow Dash?
  • I'll be visiting Petra tomorrow. You know, the last known location of The Holy Grail.
  • I'll be visiting Petra tomorrow. You know, the last known location of The Holy Grail.
    Almost as good as PAX. Slightly jelly.
  • I have diss work up my bum and live in the library from now on. So yeah sucks hearing you fuckers talk about Pax and all their fun times. Do we want to get a session on at some point of some game? Killing Floor or Counter Strike on Saturday night?
  • I have diss work up my bum and live in the library from now on. So yeah sucks hearing you fuckers talk about Pax and all their fun times. Do we want to get a session on at some point of some game? Killing Floor or Counter Strike on Saturday night?
    NS2 is free all weekend for you.
    NS2 is free all weekend for you.
    Unless you have a Mac like YT then you are rather limited.
  • Unless you have a Mac like YT then you are rather limited.
    Boot camp?
  • Unless you have a Mac like YT then you are rather limited.
    Boot camp?
    I have looked at it a couple of times but I have an old MacBook so Im not sure the worth of it. That and Im planning to get a proper rig soon. Also Im rather a luddite in some regards to I would be worried about messing it up.

• I'm eating pudding, Jell-O, and drinking Ensure. Also being fucking miserable. But in two weeks, I'll be able to breathe normally!

General anesthesia is terrifying.
  • Most likely, going to be working this weekend due to crunch time. Also probably having band practice like every weekend. Possibly having a surprise party for my girlfriend, but that is not confirmed.

Someday I will make it to PAX East, but not likely until 2015 because UK trip next spring. PAX Prime every year is good enough for now.
  • Is this the dedicated "The Forum's dead while everyone's at PAX" thread? We have one of those every 6 months, and I think it would make sense to make it a perenial thread instead of making new ones.
  • Most likely, going to be working this weekend due to crunch time. Also probably having band practice like every weekend. Possibly having a surprise party for my girlfriend, but that is not confirmed.

Someday I will make it to PAX East, but not likely until 2015 because UK trip next spring. PAX Prime every year is good enough for now.
    Where in the UK were you thinking of going?
  • Where in the UK were you thinking of going?
    One of my family's long-time friends is getting married in the London area, so we will be spending at least a few days there. Other than that, we haven't really decided where exactly. I'm keen on exploring Scotland since I haven't been there yet, but my girlfriend has never been across the Atlantic at all, so I'm going to let her have final say in whatever we do.
  • Tuesday I'm going to SF for a day to hang out at GDC and see Slime Girls play with Peelander-Z, minusbaby, Crashfaster, and Disasterpiece.
  • A couple of our good friends went to PAX, but we have some job upheavals, so we couldn't go. We plan on going in the future, just not this weekend.

I, myself, have been laid up with a 101.5 temperature and nonspecific throat soreness, so I've been catching up on my Crunchyroll queue and surfing the web while the Big Bang Theory plays in the background.
  • ...I, myself, have been laid up with a 101.5 temperature and nonspecific throat soreness, so I've been catching up on my Crunchyroll queue and surfing the web while the Big Bang Theory plays in the background.
    Ouch. You have my sympathy. Go drink yourself some orange juice.XD

• ...I, myself, have been laid up with a 101.5 temperature and nonspecific throat soreness, so I've been catching up on my Crunchyroll queue and surfing the web while the Big Bang Theory plays in the background.
    Ouch. You have my sympathy. Go drink yourself some orange juice.XD

Thanks XD

• I, myself, have been laid up with a 101.5 temperature
    Whenever I am laid up like that the girlfriend cooks me this rice thing. It's just rice cooked in chicken broth with ginger. But it's super easy to eat because the rice gets saturated with broth so it doesn't hurt your throat eating it, it's easy on the stomach when you can't keep food down and the fresh ginger makes it tasty. Also easy to make. Just a suggestion.

• I just got a contract for a house on it's way to my lawyer, and I've got a wedding this weekend. Not bad even if it's not PAX.
  • Where in the UK were you thinking of going?
    One of my family's long-time friends is getting married in the London area, so we will be spending at least a few days there. Other than that, we haven't really decided where exactly. I'm keen on exploring Scotland since I haven't been there yet, but my girlfriend has never been across the Atlantic at all, so I'm going to let her have final say in whatever we do.
    Well depending on when you come round Im more than happy to show you round a bit of Wales or the Cotsworlds. Scotland is nice but you have to catch it at the right time of the year otherwise its miserable (like wise with the whole country to be fair). When your in london go look at some of the museums and galleries.
    Almost as good as PAX. Slightly jelly.
    My life is generally almost as good as PAX all the time.
  • Luke, I would personally not enjoy your globe trotting juggling lifestyle. Just sayin.
  • I would globe trot a once a year for a month or so, not all the time. Then again I don't really get living in massive cities.
  • Honestly I even have a problem tolerating a couple hours at an airport.
  • I don't travel by plane a lot so airports are still a novelty to me. The only problem I have is that I like being on the ile to use the bathroom, flights are a bit awkward.