This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Back from PAX East 2013!

edited March 2013 in GeekNights

Thank you all for coming to see us (or at least trying to) at PAX East 2013! Both lectures filled to capacity well in advance, and considering how many of you were turned away, we will try to have video up in the next week or so. The two events were:

Mastering Game Mechanics
Saturday 12:00pm
Tabletop Workshop

Practical Game Theory
Saturday 1:30pm
Tabletop Workshop

In the meantime, check out video of our talks from PAXes of yore (East and Prime) in glorious HD!

From MMORPGs are Anything But to Game Mechanics and Mechanism Design, How to Win at Games, to A Competitive Test of Skill: we've lectured on just about every aspect of gaming at some or other PAX over the years! Stay tuned for video from East 2013!

Last and not least, we took a step up to not only speak, but Enforce at PAX this year. It was an experience to remember, and I want to heartily thank our fellow Enforcers for making it a truly amazing weekend.

Source Link

Comments

• Is this supposed to be an episode, or just a comment? I'd totally listen to an episode right now.
  • It's a news post on the front page of the site (that none of you ever visit). ;^)
  • You mean there's more to Geeknights than just the forum!?
  • itunes wont open news post how do i listen?
  • Kids, there's no episode. News posts have been creating forum threads for over a year now.
  • I can't open the episode either. Fix the link pls.
  • edited March 2013
    Kids, there's no episode. News posts have been creating forum threads for over a year now.
    You should hurry up and fix that then.
    Post edited by Anthony Heman on
  • There will be no GeekNights until next week. We need to recover, and we have AB/ConnectiCon work to do.
  • Can you make news posts whenever you come back from some place? I'd be particularly interested in commenting on future auto-generated forum threads about when you arrive home from grocery shopping, or get back to your desk after taking a rather healthy dump.
  • edited March 2013
    It's a news post on the front page of the site (that none of you ever visit). ;^)
    It flashed by my rss, so I don't need to visit the front page.
    Post edited by okeefe on
  • And people on this forum say RSS is dying. ;-)
    Are you kidding me? The shitstorm that ensued in the "Google Is Doing Something Evil" thread proved that wrong.
    Are you kidding me? The shitstorm that ensued in the "Google Is Doing Something Evil" thread proved that wrong.
    Tempest in a teapot of self-selected individuals.

• What's RSS?

I, for one, look forward to footage of what went down.
  • it involved wax.
    No, he's right. People on this forum do say RSS is dying. It's just very few of them, including Rym. So, prepare to be disparaged as just being dumb punk kids, just like every other time.
  • it involved wax.
    Sounds hot.

• it involved wax.
    Sounds hot.