This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Apps you have made

edited March 2013 in Technology
I know there are a few app developers here besides myself and I'd like a thread for forumite-created apps. The first app I have submitted to the Play Store is called Net Toolbox. It's a simple suite of networking tools including a tool to check if your favourite websites are online, a tool to check if your ports are open, a tool to find information about your network (ip,ssid, signal strength, mac address, netmask, dns, link speed and gateway) a tool to ping other devices, a whois search tool and a traceroute tool that is only available to those with rooted devices.

Comments

• We made Sensor Tools, an app for doing high school level physics experiments. The idea is to make the experiments easier to set up and perform, make them individual yet still collaborative and get the student as quickly as possible from performing the experiment to analysing and conceptualizing the results.

We have had good results from pilot programs at local high schools with the time from setup to graph ~5 minutes down from usual ~20 minutes, leaving more time for teachers to interact with students and go into the physics and meaning behind the experiment.

Our website, don't hesitate to contact me if you are a science teacher and intersted in trying out our app.
  • My new one has a lot more utility and a wider audience I think. Check it out.
  • Temporarily made it to the r/Android front page.
  • I'm still seeing the ad on your page when I use my mobile browser. Even worse if I keep hitting the home link it adds another ad at the bottom.
  • Baby has put the kibosh on learning iOS development for the time being... but I have some app ideas for once I can get back into the swing of things.
  • I'm still seeing the ad on your page when I use my mobile browser. Even worse if I keep hitting the home link it adds another ad at the bottom.
    That's odd. Are you using Google DNS?

Using my Nexus 4 and home network.

• I made a 1984 style mobile game for my Software Testing class a couple years ago.
  • Someone should make a Fake Block app that blocks people from getting your information.

;^)
  • edited June 2013
    I'm still seeing the ad on your page when I use my mobile browser. Even worse if I keep hitting the home link it adds another ad at the bottom.

Using my Nexus 4 and home network.

Works on my sgt7. I'm guessing whatever dns server you're using hasn't updated yet.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • So, r/android turned into a hate-machine, but I'm now at the top of r/androidapps! http://www.reddit.com/r/androidapps/comments/1hex0w/down2home_start_downloads_from_your_phone/
  • edited August 2013
    Stay tuned! (Or don't, it will only work in western Canada.)
    Post edited by Pegu on