This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Return of the Kings - Daft Punk

edited April 2013 in Everything Else

May 21, 2013

Just in time for Anime Boston.

I know this is old news, but hasn't been discussed here yet. Maybe I will pay real money for this.

Random Access Memories
Post edited by Apreche on

Comments

• I'm interested. Trying not to get my expectations too high because the sample is a little cheesy. However, some of the cuts from Tron were really good, and I remember Human After All was basically panned when it came out but ended up actually just being ahead of its time. Feel like this album is either going to be a masterpiece or very mediocre.
  • I'm interested. Trying not to get my expectations too high because the sample is a little cheesy. However, some of the cuts from Tron were really good, and I remember Human After All was basically panned when it came out but ended up actually just being ahead of its time. Feel like this album is either going to be a masterpiece or very mediocre.
    The concept of the whole package is fantastic even if the music itself ends up being meh.

• AW YEAH!
  • http://randomaccessmemories.com/

They have a documentary series of YouTube videos on their site. Pretty interesting stuff.

• That guest feature list. This is going to be the Plastic Beach of Daft Punk albums.
  • Might as well post a non-screen grab version
  • edited April 2013
    That one doesn't have the list of collaborators.

Spoilers: Panda Bear, Julian Casablancas, what the whaaat
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Speaking of collaborators. Is anyone else watching these?

• edited April 2013
    Been meaning to! Will today.

Also, could we change the title of this thread to include the words Daft Punk or Random Access Memories or both? It took me a little while to find so I could bump it. Also the category is listed as Anime :P
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Been meaning to! Will today.

Also, could we change the title of this thread to include the words Daft Punk or Random Access Memories or both? It took me a little while to find so I could bump it. Also the category is listed as Anime :P
    I have no idea how the category became anime. I guess the title will lose all its fun now :(
  • I'm sorry :(
  • What was the title?

Also *・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*
  • What was the title?

Also *・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*
    It was just "The Return of the Kings."
  • Man, all around my bday. First the new Arrested Development, now this.
  • Full song has leaked early.

Also those collaborator videos are really really good.
  • All the music just makes me want to dance. It's very reminiscent of how Michael Jackson "Off the Wall" album makes me feel.

I watched all the videos and it only pumps me up even more.

I have high hopes and think that this album will prove what they are touting about it.
  • Few have ever set a bar so high and then been able to clear it on every attempt.
  • It's Daft Punk; what did you expect?
  • Few have ever set a bar so high and then been able to clear it on every attempt.
    Interesting point. Who ever has set the bar all the way up and delivered? Doesn't even have to be musics. Michael Jordan, LeBron isn't there yet but probably on his way. Usain Bolt. Elon Musk?
  • Who ever has set the bar all the way up and delivered?
    Mozart, Valve and Makoto Shinkai are a few I can come up with.
  • Forgot Michael Phelps!

• edited April 2013
    Full song has leaked early.
    Naw, someone edited together all the promo clips. But no matter, I think the music video is supposed to be released tomorrow or something.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • New one with Pharrell is up.

• edited April 2013
    [Edit] Nvm.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • LOL you fell for a fake again!
  • LOL you fell for a fake again!
    I have seen so many fakes. I kind of want to make one where the robot heads come together and then Rickroll.
  • You should do it.