This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Return of the Kings - Daft Punk

Comments

• edited April 2013
    LOL you fell for a fake again!
    It's stupid Facebook. It now associates fan pages you're not even linked to with ones you are. It popped up under "Daft Punk" so I trusted it and posted before I even listened.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • IT'S HERE IT'S HERE IT'S HERE
  • IT'S HERE IT'S HERE IT'S HERE
    OMG SO GOOD YOU GUYZ
  • edited April 2013
    I LOVE THIS SONG.

NOT LYING. HAVE IT AS THE RINGTONE FOR WHEN RUBIN EVER CALLS.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I LOVE THIS SONG.

NOT LYING. HAVE IT AS THE RINGTONE FOR WHEN RUBIN EVER CALLS.
    Are you saying you want me to call you?
  • LOL, naw. It's just there to be there. It was my default ringtone when I discovered Super Sexy Sax Man Sergio Flores.
  • Are you saying you want to get lucky with Scott?
  • edited April 2013
    No. u_u

It's not like that. I just find the song amusing. Scott's original ringtone was the Minibosses.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • LOL, naw. It's just there to be there. It was my default ringtone when I discovered Super Sexy Sax Man Sergio Flores.
    I was just going to post that, actually.

Is Careless Whisper going to be the new Rick Roll? I don't think I have a problem with this. It'll give me more excuses to post links to Sexy Sax Man Sergio Flores all across the internets.
  • Ugh, Daft Punk.

GET IN MY EAR HOLES!
  • What great power do these robots have that other musicians do not?
  • They're fucking robots.
    So obvious.
    So obvious.
    Ah! But the non-obvious part is that they're robots from the future.
    So obvious.
    I should steal their ship, steal music, and come back to the past.
  • edited April 2013
    They're fucking robots.
    So obvious.
    Apart from creating a paradox, you just basically summed up the plot of "Interstella 5555". Thing is, they don't steal the music; their perspective of music as influenced by the evolution of human culture and alien cultures gives them a more diverse musical ideascape.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Obligatory hipster complaint about how freaked out everyone is about this instead of the new Laura Stevenson and the Cans album.
    So obvious.
    Take their music to the Civil War times and weaponize it.

• File no longer found. :(
  • File no longer found. :(
    Mike managed to save it and sent me a copy. I'm sure he'll post a link at some point. I don't think it's legit, though. In fact, I'm 60% sure that the non-previously-leaked portions are fake; I think the new vocals are recorded by some other guy. The aural quality of the vocals sound "off" compared to the other solo vocals from the clips.

• I think you are right in that this might be fake, however it is a high quality fake.
  • I wouldn't go so far as calling the french aliens.
  • I wouldn't say it's fake; it's probably just a non-final release.
  • An album so anticipated it has inspired fakes. It's like an Apple product with people making false renderings.

Again, how come only one tech company and one pair of musicians can create this feeling more widely than anyone else on Earth?
  • Pokemon inspires fakes too. There are other examples but that's the other one I can think of off the top if my head.
  • edited April 2013
    Again, how come only one tech company and one pair of musicians can create this feeling more widely than anyone else on Earth?
    Branding, man. Bangalter & Guy-Manuel defined an entire generation's idea of what house music and raves are supposed to be, not only with Daft Punk, but also with Stardust, Together, and Darlin'. House existed before DP, but they introduced the elements that most of the successful EDM artists have since copied: producers hidden behind masks; fat-ass basslines with lots of filtering; aggressive builds into repetitive, slamming walls of sound. The controllerism elements of Alive 2007's final track alone foreshadow AraabMuzik's entire career.

I remember watching Interstella 5555 clips on Toonami as a kid and thinking, "This is so cool. This music is like nothing I've ever heard, and it LOOKS so good, too." I'm 21 now, and I still zone out to Alive 2007 and wonder what being in that crowd must have fucking felt like. Daft Punk doesn't just produce music, they also produce experiences.

You can say very similar things about what Apple did for the smartphone, and you could probably make a couple smart jokes about how iOS is to Android as Daft Punk is to Justice.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on