This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Return of the Kings - Daft Punk

Comments

• edited April 2013
    An album so anticipated it has inspired fakes. It's like an Apple product with people making false renderings.

Again, how come only one tech company and one pair of musicians can create this feeling more widely than anyone else on Earth?
    There were a lot of fake Dream Theater tracks when their last album was approaching. This actually happens more often than you'd think/
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • So it seems like the new lyrics come from Autotuned audio from this interview with Nardwuar:
  • May 17, 2013 in Australia, May 20, 2013 in the United Kingdom and on May 21, 2013 in the United States.
    Good thing for the record label cd rippers don't exist in Australia, or the internet.
  • The robots from the future are one of the few artists I will throw money at sight unseen. Could I pirate it? Sure. Will I? Hell no.
  • I like some of these fakes more than I like Daft Punk...
  • The robots from the future are one of the few artists I will throw money at sight unseen. Could I pirate it? Sure. Will I? Hell no.
    Yeah, but why would they even bother? I bet the number of people who would buy it on day one but won't on day four is > 0.
  • LOL you fell for a fake again!
    I have seen so many fakes. I kind of want to make one where the robot heads come together and then Rickroll.
  • LOL you fell for a fake again!
    I have seen so many fakes. I kind of want to make one where the robot heads come together and then Rickroll.
    TY! I've been waiting so long for this!
  • You fuckers.
  • Nothing but love.
  • edited April 2013
    They missed most of the song out.

I'm now wondering about how to make knock-off songs that sound a lot like the originals but aren't so you can use them as a bed without royalties.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Release date is May 21st. I'm excited but won't get super excited until it's out. Plenty of time to relisten to the old albums!
  • I thought of using a combination of GChat and Tomohawk to do a group listening of Homework and Discovery.
  • Tomohawk sounds like a handheld medical imaging device from the future.

• This sounds legit to me. Slghtly different than the other fakes posted already. Hopefully it stays up through the night.
  • The word is that it's releasing tonight.
    Seems like this Pitchfork blog I never heard of is preparing for an even bigger Rickroll.
  • edited April 2013
    Well it links to the MTV article about it. I just found this article randomly on my FB feed.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
    Seems like this Pitchfork blog I never heard of is preparing for an even bigger Rickroll.
    Pitchfork is actually a very well established hipster sort of music blog.
  • this Pitchfork blog I never heard of
    Hahahahahahaha
  • I honestly thought Pitchfork was the name of a fake magazine Jeph Jacques made up for Questionable Content.
    You don't really "do" music, huh?

• ITT: we make fun of Scott (and Sonic, I suppose) for being a pleb.
  • To be fair, Scott doesn't like any real music.
    Rachmaninoff or GTFO.

Rachmaninoff or GTFO.

Yes, his work is excellent for those times when I don't feel like being challenged.

• If you don't find challenge in The Bells of Moscow, then I don't know what to say.
  • You want challenging music? How about PARANOiA Revolution?
    19 FEET!

Rachmaninoff or GTFO.