This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Return of the Kings - Daft Punk

Comments

• AHAHAAHA (Mozart)
  • THAT'S THE JOKE
  • Dear diary, today I learned that an innocent on topic link to Pitchfork can turn the FRCF into /mu/.
  • /mu/.
    Never heard of it.
  • If you don't find challenge in The Bells of Moscow, then I don't know what to say.
    I suppose it may provide challenge for the unsophisticated out there. I was like that once - raw, young, unrefined. I've grown since then. Perhaps you will too - and then you can enjoy the glorious rapture that is CHRISTfuck.

• Yes, his work is excellent for those times when I don't feel like being challenged.
    Let's see you play it with those puny little hands.
  • The real question is "How'd he do such fantastic stunts with such little feet?"
  • *ahem*
    EST, I also linked it above by that unknown site, Pitchfork.
  • -_- Look, I don't normally care about what's going on in the world of music, hence, I don't read music news sites.
  • Or this thread, apparently.
  • edited April 2013
    Or this thread, apparently.
    I..
    ...Eh, fair enough.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • So the Xbox Music/Zune store has it early...

( http://batshare.com/i55dwlv6ac2k )
  • edited April 2013
    That batshare no work. WHAT DO? I didn't go to bed because of this. It's not even on iTunes. Shouldn't Amazon just give it to be because I pre-ordered the album?
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • edited April 2013
    It is on iTunes and the download worked for me. We should get the song for free if we preordered the album.

Yep. Love this song.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited April 2013
    Actually I lied. It is in iTunes now.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/get-lucky-radio-edit-feat./id636967993

I don't think we're going to get it for free because this single is the radio edit and not the album version.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • One of the fakes was not fake!
  • edited April 2013
    Are they self referencing themselves as the legend of the Phoenix?
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Are they self referencing themselves as the legend of the Phoenix?
  • edited April 2013
    I'm... I'm disappointed. My biggest doubt about that not-fake fake was that the production quality of the vocals was so disjointed from the chorus. It sounded so flat and simple. It sounded more like a fake than the other actual fakes. And it's the not fake.

Did I expect too much?

I kinda wish I didn't hear the real thing now. I wish I hadn't heard it and just stayed with the expectation I had of it in my mind.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I'm not disappointed at all. However, I'm not an audio engineer as you are.
  • I am dissapoint. If this was supposed to be an ironic take on the 80's then there was way too much of that in there. The middle part almost made up for the bland beginning but only almost.

Hmm.
  • They have said (paraphrasing) that they are attempting to go for a more late 70's/early 80's disco kind of feel like it was from a world other than our own. To me that comes across as genuine. I don't think they were being ironic in any way.
  • edited April 2013
    While I am disappointed not as pleased as I could be I am hoping the album version is a bit more enjoyable. I have had songs in the past where I really liked the album version but disliked the radio version.
    Post edited by canine224 on
  • Whatever haters. My butt, it is moving uncontrollably. Stop it, butt!
  • Too much hating, not enough dancing.

• edited April 2013
    They have it on Spotify as well. It's definitely disappointing. It's not a bad song but it's definitely a safe bet. It doesn't take any risks at all. It sounds good and plays by the rules. Honestly it sounds exactly like a N.E.R.D. song with Daft Punk inspiration than a truly Daft Punk song. That's not what I expect from them.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Ok. If you guys watched the Collaborators videos you would recall that they said they wanted to go back and bring back the stuff from the past. Music that makes you want to dance and feel good.

I really don't understand what you guys were expecting from what was said.
  • edited April 2013
    If they're going for generic disco hits then that's fine but I don't think it'll stick for long. The song certainly wants to make you dance but it's easily forgettable.
    Post edited by MATATAT on