This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Return of the Kings - Daft Punk

Comments

• The live version sounds much better than the studio. The vocals have that extra bit of reverb needed to smooth out the hyper crisp-ness that the studio version had.
    I mean, you do realize the "live version" is literally just the radio edit played, with him doing karaoke over it?

• Still loving this song. Jeremy is a bit tired of it.

It's ok. I'll still keep playing it.
  • Wow. Even with my expectations lowered by the disappointeds in this thread, I'm underwhelmed to a far greater extent than I thought possible. That's it? That's all there is? It's super bland and boring and just not fun at all. The worst bit is that a few minutes in it throws in a bit of vintage Daft Punk to remind you how much better their previous music is than this mush.
  • I don't know what y'all's problem is. I think this is the best they've ever done. It's not as good as some of the fakes, but it's still pretty damn good.
  • I don't know what y'all's problem is. I think this is the best they've ever done. It's not as good as some of the fakes, but it's still pretty damn good.
    Clearly these people do not have butts as is evidenced by their lack of shaking.

• I feel sorry for all of you without butts. Pooping was bad to begin with, I worry for your poop-lives without butts.
  • Tepid. No butts shaking here, even after four listens.
  • edited April 2013
    My butt was shaking more with the stitched together fakes than the real one.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited April 2013
    I don't know what y'all's problem is. I think this is the best they've ever done. It's not as good as some of the fakes, but it's still pretty damn good.
    Clearly these people do not have butts as is evidenced by their lack of shaking.

Remind me to never take music suggestions from you guys in the future.

I'm hoping the full album is better. I've been led astray by singles before.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • edited April 2013
    Still loving this song. Jeremy is a bit tired of it.

[Ro's gif]

It's ok. I'll still keep playing it.
    While the music is mediocre, this .gif is boss.

Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • [Ro's gif]
    I just realized he has clear drum shells! Sweet look.
  • Here is the thing, the song is flat. It has a great groove, but it doesn't go anywhere. The song doesn't evolve, it just sticks with a single melody.
  • I'm still holding out on it just being a terrible radio edit rather than a terrible song.
  • edited April 2013
    Here is the thing, the song is flat. It has a great groove, but it doesn't go anywhere. The song doesn't evolve, it just sticks with a single melody.
    *nod*
    I'm still holding out on it just being a terrible radio edit rather than a terrible song.
    *nod nod*
    Post edited by Victor Frost on

• Was anyone else supremely unimpressed with Interstella 5555? Or was it supposed to look like tired 80s anime?

• Was anyone else supremely unimpressed with Interstella 5555? Or was it supposed to look like tired 80s anime?
    It was designed by Leiji Matsumoto. How are you no impressed? Interstella is stellar!
  • edited April 2013
    Was anyone else supremely unimpressed with Interstella 5555? Or was it supposed to look like tired 80s anime?
    I was. I think it's pretty boring as far as being a "music video" goes. Looking like an 80s anime is a pretty lame criticism, though.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I have to agree with Scott, how are you folks not impressed? Interstella 5555 is awesome.
  • It's been a while since I saw it, but
    • The drummer's goofy face. Uninspired character design in general.
    • I remember some borderline misogyny in the treatment of the bass guitarist.
    I was bored.
  • This conversation reminded me that I have not yet watched Interstella 55555. I was supposed to watch it few years ago with my ex-flatmate, but for some reason, although we lived in same apartment we had hard time arranging movie watching nights.
  • This conversation reminded me that I have not yet watched Interstella 55555. I was supposed to watch it few years ago with my ex-flatmate, but for some reason, although we lived in same apartment we had hard time arranging movie watching nights.
    Apsup. I care for you as a human being and an intelligent sapient. For the love of all fucks, holy or otherwise, WATCH IT RIGHT NOW.

• Apsup. I care for you as a human being and an intelligent sapient. For the love of all fucks, holy or otherwise, WATCH IT RIGHT NOW.
    I can't. It was on my external which went kaput. I need to reacquire it first.

• A cursory search of a piratically famous torrent site revealed that it is readily available. =D
  • The whole thing is also on YouTube.
  • A cursory search of a piratically famous torrent site revealed that it is readily available. =D
    I know it is, but it takes me at least five minutes to download this. Thus I can't watch it "RIGHT NOW", as you ordered.

• I will accept "with all due haste" as an acceptable second.
  • edited April 2013
    YEA-UH

Post edited by Sail on
  • Seems like the key to making a Daft Punk album is to take a bunch of musicians, put them in a studio for a few days and give them all the drugs while recording everything. Then find the few seconds of great sound and loop that shit.
  • Seems like the key to making a Daft Punk album is to take a bunch of musicians, put them in a studio for a few days and give them all the drugs while recording everything. Then find the few seconds of great sound and loop that shit.
    You'd be surprised how many records are made this way.