This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Anyone else going to MoCCA this weekend?

edited April 2013 in Manga/Comics
The Museum of Comics and Comic Art is having their annual Arts Festival this weekend in NYC. Is anyone else interested in going? It's pretty cheap, $12 for one day and $15 for the weekend. This will be my first time going.

MoCCA Arts Festival

Comments

• Saturday a chunk of us will be there!
  • I'll be there Saturday afternoon collecting all sorts of little crafts and arts for my desk and home office.
  • Is there any kind of planned get-together or something? I don't know many FRC forum members personally, but it would be nice to say hi at least.
  • edited April 2013
    It's times like this where my wallet is happy that I don't live near NYC.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • What was the first year we went to MoCCA. '06? '07? I feel like we went to the Puck Building 3 times and then the Armory 3 times, which makes it '07. I don't think I'll ever not go unless something way more important conflicts.
  • Is there any kind of planned get-together or something? I don't know many FRC forum members personally, but it would be nice to say hi at least.
    I'll be there, prob Sat, but possibly Sunday, and with the wife and kid (and possibly other friends) so no get-together for me. Happy to say hi though.
  • edited April 2013
    Not going to be there, obviously (stuck in the frozen wastes as I am), but I just wanted to pimp something that anyone who does go should check out. If you don't already follow Sarah C. Andersen's Doodle Time, you should definitely pick up her zine at the festival. It is the most adorable.
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • I'll attempt it tomorrow afternoon, although I have a lot of other things going on.