This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Boston Marathon Attack

edited April 2013 in News
I figured this should have its own thread.
I'm currently recording Boston Police, EMS, and Fire chatter. This shit needs to be preserved.

Comments

• Uh, why do you feel the need to record police scanners? No one will really care in six months about that level of fidelity.
  • Uh, why do you feel the need to record police scanners? No one will really care in six months about that level of fidelity.
    Tell that to the 9/11 truthers.

• edited April 2013
    Scanner feeds provide up to the moment info about situations as they develop. We wont know the significance of this event until later in time, so capturing this kind of information and preserving it, even if it is information on the response to the aftermath, is more data that may give insights on the event that might otherwise be lost.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I'm sure the FBI will be in contact with you in the near future for this vital information.
  • I have way too many friends (some who are runners) nearby, that was emotionally exhausting.
  • I'm sure the FBI will be in contact with you in the near future for this vital information.
    Likewise, I'm sure they will be more than willing to supply their records of the event to anyone who asks, as will any other government body.

• edited April 2013
    If we ignored it when things like this happen, people would probably stop doing it. By following this so closely you are encouraging the news media to do what they do, which in turn rewards the people doing it with the news coverage and attention they seek. It also spreads the idea of doing things like it to people who otherwise would have crazied themselves all alone.

It may seem backwards, but just concentrating on your geeky shit and ignoring this may actually help solve the problem. Your obsessive news checking and repeating is part of the problem.

/troll

/but I actually believe this

/and I realize that this post is self-contradictory

/and I won't be in this thread again
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • edited April 2013
    I'm sure the FBI will be in contact with you in the near future for this vital information.
    *eyeroll* Whatever, dude.
  • edited April 2013
    *accidental double post*
  • If we ignored it when things like this happen, people would probably stop doing it. By following this so closely you are encouraging the news media to do what they do, which in turn rewards the people doing it with the news coverage and attention they seek. It also spreads the idea of doing things like it to people who otherwise would have crazied themselves all alone.

It may seem backwards, but just concentrating on your geeky shit and ignoring this may actually help solve the problem. Your obsessive news checking and repeating is part of the problem.

/troll

/but I actually believe this

/and I realize that this post is self-contradictory

/and I won't be in this thread again
    The media sucks yes, this is however an absurd, pointless, and contrarian opinion

• And if this is a terrorist attack of some kind, the media coverage has little to no bearing on there being future attacks.
  • The media sucks yes, this is however an absurd, pointless, and contrarian opinion
    You must be new here.

• This just in, Scott read a news article about how you shouldn't read news articles so he's posting in this news thread to tell you the news to not read the news.
  • I have to think it was. I have nothing but gut reaction to back that up. Oh, and a statement by the Boston Chief of police where he said, "There were numerous, nearly simultaneous explosions..." That sounds like terrorist activity to me. Now to figure out if it's foreign or domestic.
  • The media sucks yes, this is however an absurd, pointless, and contrarian opinion
    You must be new here.

You must be new here.

I actually think he makes good points a lot of times, and that's my absurd and contrarian opinion HEH
  • I wonder how long before the conspiracy theorists kick in?
  • I expect they already have.
  • Probably before it happened some person will have predicted it because there is some numerological connection to something something and stuff stuff.. ugh. I hate conspiracy theorists :-p
  • edited April 2013
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • edited April 2013
    You must be new here.
    IT professionals suck because Microsoft heeeeeeeeeerrrrp.
  • Most -- not all -- of the media sucks. Yrs, a professional journalist.
  • edited April 2013
    An old teacher of mine was about 4 blocks from the explosion. About 3/4 of the runners had finished at that point and he had finished about an hour before the explosion. He had ran it in 3:29:12 to give an idea where the race was at that point.
    Post edited by Alan on
  • There was a false flag moron at the last press conference asking questions of the governor.
  • edited April 2013
    How can something be a false flag operation if it doesn't even have a flag?
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • edited April 2013
    There was a false flag moron at the last press conference asking questions of the governor.
    Literally the first question, too. He later started screaming about getting the TSA off the streets.

Post edited by Churba on
  • edited April 2013
    If (!flag) {
    Conspiracy();
    }

?
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • edited April 2013
    more like:
    while(true) {
        conspiracy();
    }
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • edited April 2013
    more like:
    while(true) {
        conspiracy();
    }
    If it were that simple then throwing an exception into any conspiracy could kill it. In truth, there's also some sort of try/catch scenario that basically says, "No logic shall prevent me from continuing this madness."
    Post edited by Anthony Heman on