This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Grand Prix Round 3 - Galaga

123457»

Comments

• You people couldn't show up when I let you pick any time at all.
    We didn't because it didn't sound fun. Yes being able to tout the fact that you are better is appealing but I don't believe that is why we joined. With no prizes to win the only reward is the fun you had competing and a single shot of Galaga isn't that.

I believe the earlier rounds worked because Canabalt had a stupid low barrier of entry and backgammon had the fun of head-to-head competition. Future rounds need one or both of these characteristics; fun and easy.
    And no scheduling. YOU pick a time and date, not us. You make the decisions, not us.
  • You people couldn't show up when I let you pick any time at all. If I pick just one time and one time only, who is actually going to make it?
    The ones who want to win.
  • Well, the ones who want to win had over a month to pick any old time they pleased, so I guess there are very few people in that category.
  • If you had given us a chance to pick any old time in a single evening, I bet you'd have had a full evening.
  • I did not play because that part of my summer was just too busy. I had zero time for any games at all, let alone one that I really did not care for. For me it would not have mattered what the scheduling situation was.
  • edited August 2013
    For what it's worth, scheduling a time was super easy and took all of four short emails to do. Playing Galaga under single-try pressure with a judge watching was an interesting and different challenge that was well worth the <10 minutes of logistics. Of course, training in preparation for that single try took a lot more time, but that was part of the fun.
    Post edited by thisisalan on