This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Enders Game - The Movie

2»

Comments

• Perhaps there will be a director's cut release that will have everything.
  • Banta said:

Perhaps there will be a director's cut release that will have everything.

That's what I am hoping for. I felt that Asa Butterfield did very well, especially at the end
    when he realizes that he had just caused xenocide
  • ATW9K Bunker Talk with Jason and myself to be posted soon.
  • I saw Ender's Game last Tuesday. It was pretty good. Not great, but better than average and better than expected. Afterwards, it made me want to go watch Starship Troopers and Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

The acting, for me, was noticeably wooden in the first part of the movie but as it went on it wasn't much of a problem. The soundtrack was pretty good and the visuals are definitely impressive.

I'm also guilty of not reading the book. I don't know how I got this far without reading the book. Perhaps I'll get around to it someday.
  • edited November 2013

I saw Ender's Game last Tuesday. It was pretty good. Not great, but better than average and better than expected. Afterwards, it made me want to go watch Starship Troopers and Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

The acting, for me, was noticeably wooden in the first part of the movie but as it went on it wasn't much of a problem. The soundtrack was pretty good and the visuals are definitely impressive.

I'm also guilty of not reading the book. I don't know how I got this far without reading the book. Perhaps I'll get around to it someday.

That day could be this day. Or tomorrow. You know, whenever.
    Unless you're currently reading a book you might as well read Ender's now. It doesn't take long to finish.

EDIT: But get it used or free! Card is one dude you don't want to give money to.
    Post edited by McTenderloin on
  • But get it used or free! Card is one dude you don't want to give money to.

Oh I'm fully aware of his nefarious activities. In any case, I wouldn't buy it new. I've seen it at the independent book store, perhaps I'll give them my money.
  • Card could see money if Ender's Game does well after all. I would probably read the book(s) but Card wouldn't see any of my money.