This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights Wednesday - Adventure Time!

13»

Comments

• Given that's what I wanted and Adventure Time occasionally pays out, which episodes should I pay attention to past season 3?
    If all you want are the serious business episodes;

Season 4: Episode 1 (Flame Princess stuff), Episode 5&6 (Marceline stuff), Episode 7 (Lich stuff), Episode 9 (Ice King stuff), Episode 10 (Bubblegum stuff), Episode 16 (Flame Princess stuff), Episode 18 (Finn backstory), Episode 19 (Bubblegum stuff), Episode 22 (Flame Princess stuff), Episode 25 (Ice King + Marceline Stuff), Episode 26 (Lich stuff)

Season 5: Episode 1&2 (Lich stuff), Episode 5 (errybody), Episode 11 (the best), Episode 12 (also the best), Episode 14 (D=), Episode 16 (DDDD=), Episode 21 (Bubblegum + Peppermint Butler), Episode 22 (only watch this one if you want to see the Ice King literally fight a deity) --- I haven't actually watched 26-29, and 30+31 don't exist yet. But they all look good.
  • Thanks man, that's what I wanted.

Since the Lich posessed that snail I think that he now appears somewhere in background in every episode. It's kind of threatening to see our protagonists stalked like that.
  • You should go back and watch some older episodes. The snail was popping up a while before The Lich.
  • You should go back and watch some older episodes. The snail was popping up a while before The Lich.
    He is in every single episode.

• Perhaps I need to take a closer look to see whether the snail has those dark possessed eyes in its appearances in season 3. I thought I'd spotted a plot point or something but probably not.
  • edited September 2013
    This show continues to be super solid.

Jake shrinking to make the popcorn last was brilliant.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • edited September 2013
    I stopped a few into the 3rd season. I keep meaning to watch the rest and move on but I want to actually dedicate time and pay attention and I've been getting sidetracked playing games and watching Giant Bomb stuff. Usually when I'm watching GB stuff I end up falling asleep anyway.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • I like how the robot arm the Finn got in his past life as Shoko is almost the same as the one he had in the Farm Universe.
  • That emerald, and that spoon of eternal prosperity.
    Too good.
  • That emerald, and that spoon of eternal prosperity.
    Too good.
    You mean that ruby, right?
  • I really liked how the train dungeon episode is basically pointing out the problem with WoW and similar games.
  • edited October 2013
    One of the best things about Adventure Time is that it does things over the course of a single episode that lesser shows would spend an entire season on, and it does them gracefully.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I went and got Beemo and the Ice King today.
  • Oh that's cool, maybe I'll try and get one for my desk at work. Can't you just buy the toys without getting a happy meal?
  • edited January 2014
    Why the lack of female characters?
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • Yes, you can buy just the toys. They are $1 a piece. They only have two toys at a time. So you will have to keep going back if you want them all.
  • Yeah, I'm pretty okay with that.
  • Yeah, I'm pretty okay with that.

• Turns out Cinnamon Bun just needed a bit more time in the oven.