This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Judge Anime By Its Cover

13»

Comments

• Is "economics" an euphemism for something?
  • No, the show has really boring economic conversations that frame the story about cute fox girl with normal business man trying to sell things in old-fashioned journeyman economy.
  • edited June 2013
    No, the show has really awesome economic conversations that frame the story about cute fox girl with normal business man trying to sell things in old-fashioned journeyman economy.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • So far my favorite is the guy calling Rym "Long-Hair-Kun".

Which, for the record, is what I'm going to call Rym from now on.
    That's not the first time I've heard an anime fan who didn't know us call him Long-hair-kun. I like it.
  • Those economic discussions in Spice and Wolf are... simplistic? At best.
  • Those economic discussions in Spice and Wolf are... simplistic? At best.
    And rare. Gasaraki has more going on in that department.
  • edited June 2013
    I don't know Scott if using Sexist as one of your topics you don't like. Arguably a lot of your favorite anime are extremely Sexist, most female characters are relegated to being captured or beat up by villains especially in action anime like Fist of the North star (i'm not even sure there is a strong female character in that show).

I mean Faye in Cowboy Bebop pretty much just gets kidnapped over and over again.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • I don't know Scott if using Sexist as one of your topics you don't like. Arguably a lot of your favorite anime are extremely Sexist, most female characters are relegated to being captured or beat up by villains especially in action anime like Fist of the North star (i'm not even sure there is a strong female character in that show).

I mean Faye in Cowboy Bebop pretty much just gets kidnapped over and over again.
    Well, the sad part is that entertainment media in general that isn't sexist is hard to come by. That's the big problem. However, I think you will agree that something like Gunslinger Girls or Strike Witches, let alone Chu-Bra, is a ZILLION times worse than something like Fist of the North Star.
  • LOL. Someone was mad that we spoiled Bunny Drop.
  • I was at first interested in the manga, but happy I never pursued it. The plot makes me ill.
  • PAX people are self-centered and think they've got it all figured out, anime watchers seek community and people who think the same way they do? I dunno, just a guess, I don't know PAX people as a whole very well.
    Yeah you really don't know much about PAX or it's community.

That's for sure. Anime fandom is a blob of horny teens with a moderate interest in anime at best. PAX is a chill hangout to play games with strangers.

• PAX people may think they've all got it figured out relative to anime convention people. I know I do.
  • PAX people are self-centered and think they've got it all figured out, anime watchers seek community and people who think the same way they do? I dunno, just a guess, I don't know PAX people as a whole very well.
    Yeah you really don't know much about PAX or it's community.

That's for sure. Anime fandom is a blob of horny teens with a moderate interest in anime at best. PAX is a chill hangout to play games with strangers.

Hey, some of us are horny teens with an intense interest in anime.
  • heh, my post made it in the panel.
  • heh, my post made it in the panel.
    It actually made it in a lot of panels that have done as of late.