This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Otakon 2013 -- The Cowboy Bebop Reunion Tour

2»

Comments

• Go to the concerts on Saturday. Go to any Q&A for any interesting guest.
    Saturday night has Voice Actors after Dark. 18+, generally hilarious.
    If any Japanese guest has a thing and you're not dying of starvation, go to it.
  • The VA after dark sounds interesting (And sadly I am old enough) As to the food comment. Any good brewpubs or other food+booze places near the center?
  • (I rarely do the convention thing) Does anyone have a panel or other event that they strongly suggest?
    Also, plugging it now, Family That Geeks Together Keeps Together. Friday in Panel 4 at 12:00. Come see the brand new rebuilt from scratch panel. Now with %100 more Bill Cosby.
  • The BCC is on a main road in Baltimore. Follow that road and across the street is any number of eateries. I don't know any specific ones off the top of my head, but you have a variety of choices.
  • Greg: I'm shooting to be there by that panel (I'm coming in on Friday) but I'm not sure what time I'll be all signed in
  • I'm gonna try to make both Watanabe Q&A sessions. I wish Kanno had one too. Might go to the Eva 3 screening just to see it on a bigger screen than I have at home, plus with fans of course.

Panels by Dunbar, Toole, or Surat are all high on my list. Also maybe that Utena/Madoka heroism panel. So much to do! And of course retail therapy, mostly in Artists Alley.

We are bringing Channel A in case anybody is up for a game. Meals are good too.
  • The only for sure committed event for me is the ANNcast live show, and beyond that I'm just going to con surf to all the awesome stuff I'm able to make it to at any given time.
  • I'm committed to Saturday concert. I need to look at a schedule that doesn't have all the panel titles truncated for anything else.
  • Apparently, lineup for the Saturday concert officially starts at noon, and the Sunday concert requires getting a concert pass available at three separate pass give-outs.
  • I'm doing Beyond Pokemon and The Yaoi-ing Game this year! But my Digimon panel is during the beginning of Sunday's concert. T_T

I'm still gonna get a pass, but....T_T

Anyone want to meet up and go to the Saturday concert with me? I can't wait!
  • We are staying at the Hampton next to Camden. The neighborhood is swamped with Justin Timberlake and Jay Z fans in town for the concert. It's been quite the cultural mix in our elevators.
  • Anyone want to meet up and go to the Saturday concert with me? I can't wait!
    Could that be FRCF meetup? It seems everyone's interested in it. The TvH's might have to shuffle some things regarding Watanabe, but it could work.
  • I may or may not go depending on what else is going on, but if the cards are right, then I will try to go!
  • So a lesbian couple got engaged at the finale of Viga's Yaoi-Ing Game and it was pretty much the sweetest thing to ever sweet. <333
  • I was lucky enough to get into autograph sessions for Watanabe and Kanno. I've got a ticket for tomorrow's Kanno concert. I have a picture of Watanabe posing with my family and me in Bebop cosplay. I am increasingly certain that this is an elaborate birthday party planned just for me (I did in fact turn 47 yesterday).
  • I think I screamed more and cheered louder at today's HMK/TMR concert than I ever have at any other concert in my life. To be fair, I don't go to a lot of concerts, so it's not like it's hard for me to top whatever the record must be, but still. Awesome stuff.
  • T.M.R. x HMK was beautiful and wonderful. I may have killed my voice. But it was amazeballs.
  • Dang, wish we could've met up. Are you going to the ANNcast show later tonight? I'll definitely be there and then at Super Art Fight after if any forumites still want to meet up.
  • I might. In my room right now relaxing with a few people. I need to decide if I'm gonna leave and go somewhere else. I kinda wanted to do Voice Actors After Dark or Anime's Craziest Deaths. Have yet to decide.
  • I will most likely be at ANNcast tonight. If anyone wants to say hi, I should be easy to spot. Not too many middle aged ladies here dressed as pandas.
  • I stayed in with friends because my body said so.
  • I attended the first Watanabe Q&A Session which was great.

I could have done without the big dude next to me that felt the need to laugh loudly at every kind of joke said in Japanese and then laugh again when the translate said it.

..."We get it. you know Japanese... who are you trying to impress!?"...
  • Otakon is doing a poll asking if you want them to mail the badges next year:
    https://www.otakon.com/forms/2015_mailbadge.asp