This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fanservice: A Thread of Boobs and Dick Cutting

Comments

• Not reading just posting :-p
    "How short is too short?" Is not the sort of argument I imagined arising from this subject.
  • It reminds me of this conversation I had with a bunch of feminist friends, wherein they were upset that She-Hulk was sweating in a picture where she was weight-lifting, because sweat is 'sexual'. It's ridiculous.
    So there's no room for context? A floor's eye view picture focused on a cartoon lady's crotch, with enormous strains of sweat streaming down her body, doesn't color your judgment?
    They were the ones ignoring context. I think most people would agree that sweat is justified when one's exercising.
  • edited July 2013
    Wait, why did it bother you? Naoko Takeuchi was going for sex appeal. There's even a skirt-lifting joke in Codename Sailor V. Clearly short skirts bother you more than her.
    Yes, I'm not surprised that the creators of stuff I find a little questionable are more comfortable with it than me. Doesn't really speak to the question of what they are doing.
    It reminds me of this conversation I had with a bunch of feminist friends, wherein they were upset that She-Hulk was sweating in a picture where she was weight-lifting, because sweat is 'sexual'. It's ridiculous.
    I have no problem with the sweating, but I do question the weightlifting attire and the angle of the shot. It would all depend on context...
    Post edited by Nissl on
  • It reminds me of this conversation I had with a bunch of feminist friends, wherein they were upset that She-Hulk was sweating in a picture where she was weight-lifting, because sweat is 'sexual'. It's ridiculous.

Wait... they saw that picture and the only complaint they had was about the sweat?
  • Wait, why did it bother you? Naoko Takeuchi was going for sex appeal. There's even a skirt-lifting joke in Codename Sailor V. Clearly short skirts bother you more than her.
    Yes, I'm not surprised that the creators of stuff I find a little questionable are more comfortable with it than me. Doesn't really speak to the question of what they are doing.
    It reminds me of this conversation I had with a bunch of feminist friends, wherein they were upset that She-Hulk was sweating in a picture where she was weight-lifting, because sweat is 'sexual'. It's ridiculous.
    I have no problem with the sweating, but I do question the weightlifting attire and the angle of the shot. It would all depend on context...
    Are you generally uncomfortable with sexual humor?

What do you wear when you lift weights?
  • If the skirts are accurate to actual japanese schoolgirl skirt length, then you don't have much of a leg to stand on.
    Except, they're most definitely not, so I kinda do. In what universe are you living that a school will issue wee little plaid micro-minis as part of the uniform?
  • Female weight lifters, as a general rule, do not wear unitards that accentuate their vagina.

• "How short is too short?" Is not the sort of argument I imagined arising from this subject.
    Because if you're having that argument, you've already lost the argument. It's like Rym tweeted recently: If you're defending something as a "legitimate x", you'r already well into shady.

If you have to defend the costuming of girls in a tv show by pointing to real world photos of Japanese school girls, and all you can find on google are perv shots and sexy cosplay, you've already lost, and you shouldn't be surprised if your ex-girlfriend thought there was something weird.

If you have to say "But the age of consent is lower in Japan", you've already double-lost.

• Female weight lifters, as a general rule, do not wear unitards that accentuate their vagina.
    Female weight lifters don't wear unitards?
  • This thread needs more Masamune Shirow
  • If the skirts are accurate to actual japanese schoolgirl skirt length, then you don't have much of a leg to stand on.
    Except, they're most definitely not, so I kinda do. In what universe are you living that a school will issue wee little plaid micro-minis as part of the uniform?
    It seems as though you're hyperbolizing the shortness of those skirts.

• edited July 2013
    Are you generally uncomfortable with sexual humor?
    In general? No. A few weeks ago I watched This is the End and gave it a positive review, for example.
    I don't wear a leotard and knee-high boots, you can be sure of that. The real question is, what is the point of the scene? Is she working hard as always? Back training? Setting a new personal record? Competing with someone? How does the framing of that scene accomplish bringing the audience along with the narrative and character vs. showing off her body? I have zero context right now.
    Post edited by Nissl on
  • edited July 2013
    If the skirts are accurate to actual japanese schoolgirl skirt length, then you don't have much of a leg to stand on.
    It seems you're particularly unfamiliar with skirts. Or human anatomy, for that matter.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Are you generally uncomfortable with sexual humor?
    In general? No. A few weeks ago I watched This is the End and gave it a positive review, for example. Being an adult watching a show featuring teenagers, where there's heavy sexuality to the jokes, and not much implied commentary? Yeah, it starts to make me uneasy.
    I don't wear a leotard and knee-high boots, you can be sure of that. The real question is, what is the point of the scene? Is she working hard as always? Back training? Setting a new personal record? Competing with someone? How does the framing of that scene accomplish bringing the audience along with the narrative and character vs. showing off her body? I have zero context right now.
    'Heavy Sexuality'? You're making 'Sailor V' sound like 'Skins'.

It seems you're particularly unfamiliar with skirts. Or human anatomy, for that matter.
    I'm familiar with both. I just don't see your point.
    Your wish is my command. How unrealistically pointy do you like your boobies?

Your wish is my command. How unrealistically pointy do you like your boobies?

She'll never match up to the real queen of the pointed boob:

• Hey cone/bullet bras were a big thing...

of the 50s.

This thread is exactly what I thought it was going to be.

• Hey cone/bullet bras were a big thing...

of the 50s.

This thread is exactly what I thought it was going to be.

I want to accuse you of overusing that gif, but it too good to be overused. Post in all threads please.
  • edited July 2013
    If the skirts are accurate to actual japanese schoolgirl skirt length, then you don't have much of a leg to stand on.
    Horseshit. Well, that you're familiar, I don't doubt that you don't see my point, which started with a one liner, and hasn't changed since then - those are really tiny skirts.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • zeo1fan is an idiot, no sane public school system would dress girls in skirts that were moe-length, churba is excellent, business as usual

more masemune boobies & popcorn, pls
    Horseshit. Well, that you're familiar, I don't doubt that you don't see my point, which started with a one liner, and hasn't changed since then - those are really tiny skirts.
    Their skirts are short relative to american skirts. My question is: "So what?"
  • Did you guys know that it's common to perform female circumcision in the middle east. Moral relativism is a thing. My question is: "So what?"
  • zeo1fan is an idiot, no sane public school system would dress girls in skirts that were moe-length, churba is excellent, business as usual

Please avoid ad hominem. 'Moe-length'? Moe is the fetishization of innocence. Whether or not a skirt can emphasize a certain amount of innocence is up to the viewer.
  • Really. They are tiny skirts. They are way tinier that the skirts my father would complain to my sister about wearing. Then again, my sister wore tiny skirts to appeal to guys of her age or slightly older, not grown men.

Either way: those skirts are tiny.
  • Did you guys know that it's common to perform female circumcision in the middle east. Moral relativism is a thing. My question is: "So what?"
    Did you know they still perform male circumcision in North America and no one bats an eyelid?

Please avoid ad hominem. 'Moe-length'? Moe is the fetishization of innocence. Whether or not a skirt can emphasize a certain amount of innocence is up to the viewer.
    Up to the viewer or intentional by the creator?
  • Stop trying to take away my rights to look at anime girls in short skirts. #mensrights

NSA Disclaimer: This is a sarcastic message. Please don't lock me up. Kthx.

Up to the viewer or intentional by the creator?
    In your opinion, what length of skirt emphasizes the most innocence?
  • Really. They are tiny skirts. They are way tinier that the skirts my father would complain to my sister about wearing. Then again, my sister wore tiny skirts to appeal to guys of her age or slightly older, not grown men.

Either way: those skirts are tiny.
    They're mini-skirts. What's your point?