This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Dream game

13»

Comments

• "We want it to be a game that can end. You destroy Skynet, and you win."

It's very clear that Rym and Scott know what they are talking about.
  • I am clearly failing to read this thread, but I see some dramas? Maybe? Or poor rehashing of old arguments.
  • Or poor rehashing of old arguments.
    Fun fact: "Geeknights" is actually derived from the Old English "ge-cnyttan," which means "useless speech."
  • Where is the drama?
  • game
    /gām/

Noun
    A form of play or sport, esp. a competitive one played according to rules and decided by skill, strength, or luck.

Adjective
    Eager and willing to do something new or challenging: "they were game for anything".
    I retract this definition, in favour of a game theory-esque definition.

A game is a system of strategic decision making based on another player/s strategic decision making and the execution of that decision.
  • Rym just needs to play a modern Paradox game like CKII.
    Those games don't do what I want. Not even close.
    game
    /gām/

Noun
    A form of play or sport, esp. a competitive one played according to rules and decided by skill, strength, or luck.

Adjective
    Eager and willing to do something new or challenging: "they were game for anything".
    Bullshit definitions for any real discussion of the kinds of games we're talking about in this thread. ;^)

• Well... I was asked.

Could do with a good game, that's new, to play. So bored. Want something new and fresh.

• Anyone tried this out?
  • That PokeMMO looks like shit.
  • yeh... *sigh* what else to fill the void of no real pokemon mmo?
  • yeh... *sigh* what else to fill the void of no real pokemon mmo?
    The new Everquest looks promising enough to try a free demo. Godus looks like its worth paying for. Neither one is Pokemon, though.
  • I think I may try Everquest, it's mentioned a few times now.

Godus is an interesting concept, but like with most of Peter Molyneux's games he over promises and under delivers when it should be the other way around.

We'll see.
  • I think I may try Everquest, it's mentioned a few times now.

Godus is an interesting concept, but like with most of Peter Molyneux's games he over promises and under delivers when it should be the other way around.

We'll see.
    I agree on Molyneux, but I saw it with my own two eyeballs.

• Could you expand on that endorsement?
  • edited September 2013
    http://uk.gamespot.com/pax/godus-reinventing-god-6413896/

Abit like a Spore + Sim city + a moral system

..interesting
    Post edited by Dazzle369 on
  • Was thinking about how much I used to love play centipede/millipede game as kid. And how great it would be if it got a Pac Man DX type of treatment. Fast paced colorful zones and awesome music. Also instead of Pac Man's bombs. Since the shooter is locked do the bottom of the screen. In its DX version it could flip to the top of the screen maybe even the left and right side too. This would force the milipede and other insects to readjust their route to destroy the shooter.