This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Attack on Titan

Comments

• It is so blazingly obvious who the female and armor titans are.
    Please tell us who you think all of the titan shifters are.

(I do agree that the female titan from the recent episode looks a lot like her human form.)
  • That is a lot of Jaeger.
    Please tell us who you think all of the titan shifters are.

(I do agree that the female titan from the recent episode looks a lot like her human form.)
    Reiner Braun is the armor titan. I knew that since I saw they both had the same hair. It was triple confirmed when he exploded out of the hand of the female titan.

The female titan, I forget her name. Is it Annie? The one girl in the trainee group who was not nice, and supposedly joined the MPs.

Colossal Titan is the only mystery. It could be Eren's dad. It could be the mysterious King of the humans. It could be Levi or Erwin. The thing is, it has no hair. Waiting for a bald person to show up. I would say it is Pixis, but he was playing chess with the fat noble when the Colossal Titan appeared, so it is 100% not him. If it is him, they fucked up.
  • I can tell you 100% that it's not Eren's Dad, unless the show is wildly different to the manga.
  • edited August 2013
    Yeah, they do look a lot alike. The Colossal Titan doesn't look like anyone in large part because he doesn't seem to have any skin. He's like one of the muscle maniquins from science class.

A continuity error will be coming soon. It relates to Eren's initial transformation into a titan while in the belly of a titan. You will know it when you see it.

Churba knows what I am talking about...
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • My biggest question is the history of the human preserve. How did humans manage to build the walls while under attack from titans? We are talking about thousands of miles of wall that is several hundred feet tall!

Why are the titan shifters here and why do they want Eren? If they just want to kill humans why not just go for a horse ride and then break the wall all over the place? Why even bother infiltrating human society? Are they humans that can become titans or titans that can become humans?

It would be nice if more background information was made available.
  • Oh. That thing that happens.
  • My biggest question is the history of the human preserve. How did humans manage to build the walls while under attack from titans? We are talking about thousands of miles of wall that is several hundred feet tall!
    While it's not explicitly revealed just yet, we are given some REAL BIG CLUES so far. I don't know where you're up to yet, or if you're watching rather than reading, though, so I ain't saying shit.
    Churba knows what I am talking about...
    Just a bit, aye.

• Obviously titans built the walls, not humans. It is likely that titans ARE humans and humans are titans. For some reason most are stuck in one form or the other, and a few can change between forms. Obviously the injection Eren's dad gave him allow him to transform. I'm guessing that the no-skin changing titans are in a similar situation, perhaps they get a different older/newer version of the injection.

There is definitely something up with the town that Braun is from. They specifically mentioned him being from some weird town. The other guy from that same town got killed.

As for why the titans don't just kill all humans right away, I think I can hypothesize the whole story.

Long ago they invented the technology to transform into titans. It was really useful for doing things, like building walls or fighting wars. But because they am play gods, they created titans that lost their minds and just ate people. Even Eren is having trouble keeping his mind while "piloting" the titan.

Hundreds of years later, they live in the walls. Most people are clueless about the past, but there are clearly quite a few in the know. The royalty, the people from Reiner's mysterious town, Eren's dad, and others probably all know the truth to some extent.

The no-skin titans are loyalists to the king. Why do the strongest military people in the MP furthest away from the walls where they could do the most good? To protect the king. The king likes to have a titan threat, as it is good for him politically. If the humans were totally safe within the walls, which they would be if not for the no-skin titans, his power could be challenged.
  • edited August 2013
    I am current on the translated manga so I know one of the really BIG clues.

As for Reiner... While Eren did not die when he got eaten by the titan in Trost he also did not appear to have any titan powers until he transformed. It looked like Reiner was going to get squished yet he cut himself loose. If he is the armored titan are you suggesting that he can use the armor power while in human form to avoid death? If the female titan is who you think she is what is the likelihood that she and armored titan are working together? Clearly female titan has none of the problems Eren has regarding losing ones self when transforming.

If Reiner is the armored titan why go through the charade of trying to kill female titan? Why not just kill Arwin and then transform and join female titan in the hunt for Eren?

I know the answers to some of these questions but not all. There is also the issue of titans being somewhat solar powered.

The problem with all titans being transformed humans is that there are no instances of human bodies being left behind when titans are killed. From what we have seen with Eren it should be possible to extract the human from the pilot spot of a titan body after the titan is incapacitated. Or the human body should remain after the titan body dissolves.
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • Oh right, the solar power. They are crazy hot.

I have also considered the titans dissolving without leaving behind any people. Obviously it could just be an Evangelion situation. Or maybe the people stayed in the titans so long that they merged.
  • They are also a strange mix of tough and fragile. Humans had to make the special titan steel for their swords to cut titan flesh. Yet we have seen Eren lose his hands when fighting titans. Leaving behind smoldering stumps that eventually regenerate.

Also in Trost both bad titans were outside the city walls, how did they get there? The colossal seems to just appear and disappear at will leaving no trace behind. While Eren always leaves a smoldering husk behind.
  • Clearly the injection that Eren got is a different version of titan transformation than the one the no-skin people are using. You can tell that just from the fact that he has skin and they don't. They might not even be using an injection. Braun is from that weird town. Perhaps that is simply the town of no-skin titans. The mysterious town separated from society is a very common trope.
  • What was the other characters name from that town?
  • Maybe no-skin is just a byproduct of big. Bigger = less well formed.
    Sind wir die Essen oder sind wir Jaeger?

On that note, does anyone have an image in the same vein, but with Pacific Rim?
  • Have to admit, that is an awesome cosplay.
  • edited August 2013
    those were some ugly babies, Rugrats lol.

Also that cosplay is Epic. Those bottles are fuel tanks! wdf?
    Post edited by Dazzle369 on
  • Maybe no-skin is just a byproduct of big. Bigger = less well formed.
    I think it's actually just because the bigger a titan is, the higher the body heat is, which makes perfect sense. The bigger titans seem to have reddened, almost transparent skin because they are constantly suffering scalding burns from their own blood. The really big titans run so hot, steam pours out of their body, especially when cut, and the skin can't regenerate fast enough.

It's not stated anywhere, but it lines up with everything onscreen.
  • I just got to the last ep on attack on Prost. I kind get the impression that they are all going to have a titan boss for or something. That and I really want to know what Mikasa's power thingy is when ever she is in trouble. Had better watch the rest and get caught up.

• all this internet win
  • edited August 2013

The captions doesn't help at all, but it's cute as heck.
    Post edited by Dazzle369 on
  • OHHH SHIT! Episode 21, shits going down!!

• I like how it only uses clips from the "HEYAYAEYEYAYA" video.
  • I think that song/meme may outlive the show.