This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Attack on Titan

Comments

• End of the episode = Titan in the wall

Also the intermission clues
    WTF Bullshit.

And how was I supposed to read those intermission texts? There was a ton of text for maybe 1 second. I read fast, but not that fast. That shit was Eva opener fast.
  • Press Pause? Or you know. Read faster.
  • OK, just went to the crunchyroll and saw what you are talking about. Yeah, there could be titans in the walls, but that's taking it a bit too far. It looked to me like a cute ending of the show, like Shredder's hand rising from the ooze.
  • edited October 2013
    I paused to read the intermission text.

Also the ending man. It's not 'Lost- wdf' but it's still WDF!!

TELL me more!!!
    Post edited by Dazzle369 on
  • OK, just went to the crunchyroll and saw what you are talking about. Yeah, there could be titans in the walls, but that's taking it a bit too far. It looked to me like a cute ending of the show, like Shredder's hand rising from the ooze.
    Read the manga to find out the truth.

• I personally am not reading ahead, I like watching the action, drama, and the frustrating mystery.

I will be reading the manga once it's all over though.
  • I personally am not reading ahead, I like watching the action, drama, and the frustrating mystery.

I will be reading the manga once it's all over though.
    It's all over, so read the manga now.

The intermission text also didn't say anything about titans in the walls.

Not to say it isn't possible, I'm just not saying it's a 100% certainty given only the evidence of the anime.
  • edited October 2013
    The intermission text is a possible connection to the mystery of the walls construction.

The men disappearing, killed by the titans inside? or killed by people protecting the Titans hidden within the walls to keep it secret? or something else

The anime isn't totally complete. I'm waiting till the end end. The manga volumes aren't even complete yet. So the anime definitely isn't done yet.

Want to keep the anime and manga experiences separate.
    Post edited by Dazzle369 on
  • At the current pace the manga is going it will never be done. I'll bet it dies an slow death before getting to satisfying ending.
  • I read the other day that the creator has a planned ending at around volume 20, so we're a little over half way done right now. And I'm sure they'll make more of the anime, considering how popular it is.
  • edited October 2013
    [derp. accidental double post]
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on
  • If there really are titans in the walls my guess would be this.

Notice that the titan in the wall was the no-skin kind. That's an intelligent titan. Did the royalty do something evil to imprison those intelligent titans in the walls so long ago to protect them from the mindless titans?
  • Maybe the beginnings of the walls were intelligent titans creating a barrier from the mindless titans, and they just build the walls around them?
  • edited October 2013
    If there really are titans in the walls my guess would be this.

Notice that the titan in the wall was the no-skin kind. That's an intelligent titan. Did the royalty do something evil to imprison those intelligent titans in the walls so long ago to protect them from the mindless titans?
    Wait, what? The only intelligent titans we've seen so far other than the shifters are the Ape Titan(which has skin), and possibly the Watching Titan(Who was both chillin' and had skin) in the forest. And as for the shifters, we know of five so far, and only two lack skin(Colossal and female), so not really an indicator of intelligence.

While the idea definitely might be correct, we don't really know if they're intelligent titans or not just yet, or if they're another class, or something else entirely.

Post edited by Churba on
    Having read the manga to the end of the current scans, those are most definitely titans in the walls. That was only a "Shredder from the Ooze" moment because the show's ending. It was a fairly obvious an major revelation in the manga. They even make a point of screaming "Don't let sun hit that Titan".
  • So, who's reading the scans right now?

Shit just happened. So hard.
  • Still waiting for new scans.
  • Still waiting for new scans.
    Chapter 50's out already. http://www.mangahere.com/manga/shingeki_no_kyojin/c050/
  • Just read that. Shit has gotten real. There may be an end to the story after all!
  • Dammit all to hell! It's added to the shopping list, but I'm still not reading nothing yet!
    Perfectly drawn tears, too funny.
  • Watching the episodes again from the start. Certain characters are looking doubly suspicious.
  • Marco wanted out?

What ore is all the steel made from?

Where's Dr. Jaeger? and why did he have to visit Mikasa? Da fuq did he do to Eren?

Argh so many questions! DONT TELL ME! ARGH

• There's something mysterious going on with this metal
  • edited October 2013
    Yes, it must be the metal.
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • There's something mysterious going on with this metal