This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

SaltyBet

Comments

• edited August 2013
    Given the odds that was smarter, but I think Pan will win.
    HA!
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Don'tcha think that Godzilla's a little small?
  • edited August 2013
    Yeah, but it has one hell of a tail.

I think that one is probably stronger than the big Godzilla, but I'd love to see them fight it out.

Also, it's so funny when Darude - Sandstorm actually plays on the stream, just because of how the stream chat reacts.
  • edited August 2013
    Yep.

WTF is wrong with Visbou's dog?
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • edited August 2013
    I just lost $500 on Devo against Sophitia, but given that I would've won $40K if he won it, I feel like my betting strategy was pretty decent.

Also, Moorhunn vs Mr. Fantastic is utterly hilarious right now. Moorhunn gets destroyed in a couple of hits, but has such cheap tricks and such ridiculous pressure that it can pull off some huge upsets.

I bet $100 on Moorhunn and almost won $800 from it; it's definitely worth going for those upsets in future.

Also, Tin's Fernandeath is one of the scariest things ever.
  • edited August 2013
    Never bet against tits.

What the fuck is this MSPaint thing?
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • edited August 2013
    Hmm, it seems I bet $1000 on a fake Wonder Woman, but she's putting up a decent fight. Not good enough, though, especially given the odds - I think other people fell for it too.

Yep, $1000 lost. My fake-dar needs work.
  • edited August 2013
    I thought it was a bit of a long shot so I only put $10 on her.

Love this stage Waha's playing on.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • edited August 2013
    Looks like I'm going to make half my $1000 back from Waha- vs Mr. Incredible. Gotta love the hitbox bets.

And now I'm going to lose $2000 on Chaos against Hirasawa Yui (her first victory, I believe). I tried to change my bet at the last second, but it was too late. FUCK.
  • edited August 2013
    Lost $30 on hitbox (Chaos).

I swear to god if Koopa beats the Cap'm...
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • edited August 2013
    I bet on Koopa, but only $200. It seems you're pretty safe here, though Koopa was really close to taking the first round.

Thankfully Fat Albert looks like he'll have an easy time with Drill Asamin; I have $2000 on this one. Drill Asamin is just really weak, I think.
  • edited August 2013
    A comment on Fat Albert from the chat: "Nigga ate my bike"

I was surprised he only had 7:1 odds.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • edited August 2013
    I was a bit scared for a moment when I found out the odds were only 1:6 for Hory Marlu vs Gohan Zeta, but I'm quite happy now with my $3000 on Gohan. He has this in the bag.

Yep, done. It's always nice to see a DBZ that knows how to use his genetics properly, and just use them beams.
  • edited August 2013
    My bet didn't go through :(

I bet on Crashman thinking he would be the upset. Oh well.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • edited August 2013
    Crashman vs Gogeta SSJ4 is looking like it'll be close; I only put $300 on Crashman though, because I thought I'd be betting on the underdog.

Oh my, finally we see the realest of DBZs.
  • edited August 2013
    Gohan's health meter glitched.

I put $30 on Kogasa vs Zabuza hoping for an upset. It's pretty close. Odds are 1:5.

I lost.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • edited August 2013
    Gohan SSJ4 is nigh invincible, and he'll one hit kill you with just one punch. It seems he's lost at least a couple of times, but the characters he lost against would've been very ridiculous. Apparently he lost to Mr. Burns somehow, though.

I'm pretty disappointed that I'm only getting $197 for the $1000 I put on Zabuza against Kogasa, but it'll do.
  • Can't bet for some reason. I put in my wager during the betting period, click "bet," and nothing happens. I'm logged in, and I tried both Firefox and Chrome. Am I missing something?
  • edited August 2013
    Looks like $50 on Red Ranger vs Colossus might've been a bad idea.

Yep.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • edited August 2013
    I know right? I put $500 on Red Ranger, the fool that I was.
    Can't bet for some reason. I put in my wager during the betting period, click "bet," and nothing happens. I'm logged in, and I tried both Firefox and Chrome. Am I missing something?
    Sometimes you'll miss out because you're too late. Try refreshing the page; your stream might be a little bit delayed - refreshing will reset it.
  • edited August 2013
    No yeah I've done that, I'm always there for the entire betting period.

Just now refreshed and tried (still during the betting period), no good.
    Post edited by ProfPangloss on
  • Try this one, just in case it works for you:
    http://www.saltybet.com/mobile
  • No difference. They both also say "Waiting for next match to start" at all times.
  • edited August 2013
    Oh my god, I've made a huge mistake. $2000 against a Touhou, and even if Blackheart wins I only get $262. It's at 1-1 now, at least.

Wow, 2-2. This match is hardcore.

WHEEEEW.
  • Omg, there's a mobile version?
  • The video doesn't run on mobile, though you can use the Twitch.tv mobile app.

When I tried it the video was delayed by a whole minute, though, so it was impossible to bet in time.
  • No difference. They both also say "Waiting for next match to start" at all times.
    Perhaps you're blocking something on the website with browser security settings or with an addon?
  • edited August 2013
    Wait never mind. Fixed and now I have a new addiction. tl;dr Security settings.
    Post edited by ProfPangloss on
  • edited August 2013
    Not sure if I should bet waifu or old man.

Looks like I was smart to bet waifu maybe.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • edited August 2013
    I have $300 on Aeris; it looks like she can do this with the power of the timer scam heal. Aeris is a great bet against characters who don't attack much, even some of the stronger ones. Also, she has a (deserved) reputation for being terrible, which tends to mean you get good odds betting on her.