This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Government Shutdown

1141516171820»

Comments

• I used to work processing claims in an insurance company where we were paid a bonus for exceeding our quotas. I was regularly doubling my weekly salary until my boss was promoted and the new girl hated that I asked questions in meetings that she didn't understand (as in, I used words with more than two syllables.) I was offered a severance package within a month. A few other people on the team said that she didn't like that I "deliberately made her look stupid."

That job jaded me even more than working in the kitchen at McDonald's did...
  • Did you respond that even a mirror would make her look stupid?
  • Its always awkward when you know more than the pople above you. Case in point I have been here about a month and I ready know how to use the key/door softwere, excell and printer better than my HOD :S.

That said I've had some jobs where Im academically better than my boss but they have a fuck ton of experiance which quashes anything I have. Met a dude that knew more about tractors that the mechanics that used to come out and had left school before he sat his O levels.
  • Your posts are becoming painful to read.
  • Your posts are becoming painful to read.
    Spelling wise? Yeah I can get that Im half asleep at work and not paying atention. Which isn't an excuse but what can you do.
  • It looks like the failure of healthcare.gov is doing more to possibly delay the individual mandate than the shutdown did. Makes you wonder if there was no shutdown could Republicans have gotten a one year delay with the debt ceiling increase?