This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Stanley Parable

edited October 2013 in Video Games
The Stanley Parable
Download the demo, play it, then rightfully go buy the game.

Comments

• The Stanley Parable
    Download the demo, play it, then rightfully go buy the game.
    But demos kill the sales of games.
  • Oh man, I remember that mod. I had no idea they produced it properly. Might have to grab thissun.
  • Steam Family share will kill the sale of games.
  • Just buy and play it when it's on sale, don't spoil anything with the demo.
  • Play the demo, it's completely unconnected to the main game.
  • Play the demo, it's completely unconnected to the main game.
    Oh, ok!
  • The demo is 100% worth playing first.
  • Oh shit I didn't realize it was a real game either. I played the mod a few months back but I didn't think it would go any further. How much more complex is it than the original?
  • edited October 2013
    Who has actually played the new one? Because it is an awesome experience, as far as it goes probably one of the best of the last few years (including my time with GTA and such) and I thoroughly want the people behind it to keep making their crazy monies, because FIFTEEN DOLLARS.
    Post edited by SWATrous on
  • How much more complex is it than the original?
    I do not know, but Giantbomb.com had this to say.

"...You can see the bones and structure in the older release, but the rewriting and tuning of existing material along with the introduction of new material makes the final product much, much sharper and funnier."

Links fixed. You forgot to close quotes on both of them.
  • edited October 2013
    Oh shit I didn't realize it was a real game either
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • GeoGeo
    edited October 2013
    I bought it yesterday and I got through all of it in the same day (without a faq). I should preface this by saying I had no familiarity with the mod and that the remake was my first exposure. It was extremely well crafted, mind bendingly vast, one of the funniest games I've played in a very long time, and was very exciting from a game design perspective. I highly recommend it and I think it is worth the fifteen dollars both because of how well designed it was and how much content it has (which is a considerable amount).

Post edited by Geo on
  • My favorite ending is the confusion ending.
  • edited October 2013
    I enjoyed my time with the game, and having certain achievements interwoven with the narrative was outstanding!
    Post edited by Casa Vino on
  • My favorite ending is the confusion ending.
    Mine was a tie between the Red Door Ending and the "You are a Real Person" Ending

• I bought it yesterday and I got through all of it in the same day (without a faq). I should preface this by saying I had no familiarity with the mod and that the remake was my first exposure. It was extremely well crafted, mind bendingly vast, one of the funniest games I've played in a very long time, and was very exciting from a game design perspective. I highly recommend it and I think it is worth the fifteen dollars both because of how well designed it was and how much content it has (which is a considerable amount).

Yeah basically my thoughts as well. Some blog or website called it something like "Surrealist interactive fiction" and I think that's the best way to describe it in lieu of "game"

I enjoyed the "Game Test" ending.
  • If you managed to get the God Ending without a FAQ, I'd be stunned.
  • If you managed to get the God Ending without a FAQ, I'd be stunned.
    I didn't even know about the God Ending until you just said that. Now that I've seen it, there is no way in hell I'd ever do that. I'm not that dedicated.

• edited October 2013
    I'm assuming the god ending is different from the heaven ending? Or the "art" ending that involves playing for hours straight?
    Post edited by SWATrous on
  • edited October 2013
    I believe the god ending and the art ending are one and the same.

Edit: Also, I've arranged to video my dad playing the game tomorrow. This will produce an interesting thing.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I figured there would be an ending if I actually did that
    and played the baby game for 4 hours. I just wasn't in the mood to.