This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

LibreOffice or OpenOffice?

2»

Comments

• Apreche said:

Don't buy Office 365 either. Just use Google Drive/Docs/Sheets for free.

There's nothing about Google's stuff that makes it better than Microsoft's and a lot that makes it worse.
    Coldguy said:

Seriously alternative solutions just suck, 365 is worth it.

• Apreche said:

Don't buy Office 365 either. Just use Google Drive/Docs/Sheets for free.

There's nothing about Google's stuff that makes it better than Microsoft's and a lot that makes it worse.
    Coldguy said:

Seriously alternative solutions just suck, 365 is worth it.

It might not be as good, but it gets the job done. We use Google Slides for all of our panels. No problem. I haven't missed a single feature of Microsoft Word. Google Docs has every single feature I ever use, and I imagine all the ones the vast majority of people use.
  • Onenote doesn't have equation editing (or viewing) on the standard office online thing.
  • For personal use, the free shit is fine. For work or school there's a good chance something is going to need actual office. And considering you get 1TB of Onedrive storage its a pretty good deal since Dropbox costs the same just for that much storage.
  • I'm not sure if the deal is still around, but as a student I got 4 years Office 365 (2 installs) for $80. Definitely worth it for students.
  • The majority of students at most Universities here get Microsoft Office plus other things for free but most students also don't know that they have access to these things, not to mention all the expensive licensed IDEs.
  • I get the IDEs and Onenote but not the rest of office.