This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights Wednesday - The Wind Rises and Yowamushi Pedal

Tonight on GeekNights, we give brief reviews of two anime: Yowamushi Pedal (a TV show) and The Wind Rises (Miyazaki's last movie). The latter is a fictional account of the personal life of the very real Horikoshi Jiro, who designed the very real fighters used by Imperial Japan in World War 2. In the news, keep an eye on the creeping tentacles that are Cardfight: Vanguard, and Miyazaki has given up on movies, but not on manga!

Download MP3
Source Link

Comments

• edited November 2013
    Dementer is crazy! I am tempted to buy Dirt cologne.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • I wondered if Scrym would be watching the biking show. Glad to hear it's accurate! Review also did what it was supposed to and let me know that I will likely care about this show 0%, so thanks, really!

Also, I would love to hear more about Lady R's escapades in Pokemon X whenever the next episode is.
  • Curse this Yowapedal! It's going so slow. Just have the inter-high already! Finish the Inter-High in 4 episodes or less! I've been so spoiled by these other anime like KLK and AoT that actually move at a reasonable pace that I forgot how slow typical Shonen is.
  • Kill La Kill told me to never trust anyone who does recap episodes ever again.
  • Rym said:

Kill La Kill told me to never trust anyone who does recap episodes ever again.

The Kill La Kill Recap Episode was one of the most glorious things ever.
  • Rym said:

Kill La Kill told me to never trust anyone who does recap episodes ever again.

Thankfully no recaps yet. Just slowness.