This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Twitch Plays Pokemon

Comments

• And then it gets flooded by trolls concerned with only their own self-interest, thus subverting the entire purpose of democracy. Just like real life.
  • Democracy emergency. I don't know what they're event doing right now.
  • edited February 2014
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Since TPP is in a downward spiral, I have a better idea. Well, actually I have two ideas. Let's do one of them!

Idea #1 -> We setup FRC Plays Pokemon. Basically it's TPP in Anarchy-only mode. Except we make a whitelist so only our Twitch accounts can control it. We can play Pokemans together!

Idea #2 -> We play Pokemon the same way we play Dwarf Fortress. I'll start a game up in an emulator and play for one hour. Then wherever I am, I'll save it and post the save state. Someone else plays for one hour. And so on. Also, whoever is playing must live-stream their one-hour on Twitch.

Either way, I vote we use Pokemon Leaf Green. Green is best color.
  • Green is best color. I don't have the time to contribute to this heavily, but it is a rad enough idea.
  • Nah, we are too smart to make this a worthwhile amusement.
  • Well, I feel like playing a game and streaming it on Twitch anyways. So that's what I'm going to do right now.
  • If everyone is for anarchy, is the democracy voter an anarchist?

Vote Democracy.
  • Man, it's been so long since I've touched a Pokemon game. If you don't count the sheer awesomeness that is Pokemon Pinball, I haven't played one since the damn original came out. I had both Red and Blue, and played the crap out of them. Still have them, and the official Nintendo guide. I remember Pokemon coming out just a month or two before the GameBoy Color, and me buying a GameBoy Pocket anyway (old grey was broken) just to play this game.
  • edited February 2014
    Apreche said:

Since TPP is in a downward spiral,

I'm not entirely convinced this is true, to be honest. There have been some low points, but it's questionable as to whether there's an overall downwards trend.
    Apreche said:

I have a better idea. Well, actually I have two ideas. Let's do one of them!

Idea #1 -> We setup FRC Plays Pokemon. Basically it's TPP in Anarchy-only mode. Except we make a whitelist so only our Twitch accounts can control it. We can play Pokemans together!.

Idea #2 -> We play Pokemon the same way we play Dwarf Fortress. I'll start a game up in an emulator and play for one hour. Then wherever I am, I'll save it and post the save state. Someone else plays for one hour. And so on. Also, whoever is playing must live-stream their one-hour on Twitch.

Either way, I vote we use Pokemon Leaf Green. Green is best color.

As I said before, I think it would be nice to make a general-purpose API to handle applications of this kind - e.g. Salty Bet, Twitch Plays Pokémon, FRC plays Pokémon, or your Idea #2. Then we could mess around and do whatever we want to with that API.
  • I'm completely down for either, but I prefer #1.
  • Would an FRC plays Pokemon be anywhere as epic as TPP? With far fewer players anarchy would be dictatorship.
  • Yeah, I don't think it would really work. That said, I think we could probably think of something to spice things up.
  • edited February 2014
  • Omanyyyyyyyte in the house!!!!
  • Apreche said:
    Yeah, I wouldn't have thought it would work, and it doesn't.
  • edited February 2014
    See the true greatness of Lord Helix.

Also, an illustration of what I was saying about the Safari zone.

• Lord Helix is also great because Omanyte was already one of my fav Pokemans.
  • TPP has arrived. It made an appearance at last night's pro wrestling show.

• Did I already mention that I was a big Omanyte fan before he was cool? Omastar is ok, I guess.

Kabuto is also awesome (Trilobytes!), but Kabutops is lame.
  • edited February 2014
    The current situation is hilarious

Also, if only the entire game looked like this:
  • My favorite comment on this situation:

"I wonder where my partner went?"
    Perhaps your partner slowly starved to death, trapped in a corner by your colossal bulk, intense apathy, and unfortunate proximity to nearby tables and rocks. You monster.
  • It's funny because decreasing Electrode accuracy is absolutely the best possible move. I guess you can also intentionally switch in a Pokemon as a meat shield to take one for the team, or one that has very high defense. Or maybe you have a Poke that's immune.
  • edited February 2014
    Also, Jetpack Growlithe
  • edited February 2014