This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Firefly

2»

Comments

• I've got the season 1 DVDs sitting on my desk, can't wait.

It gets better, I promise. :)
  • It gets better, I promise. :)
    Ahaha. My friend lent me these DVDs months ago, I need to get to watching them regardless.
    Ahaha. My friend lent me these DVDs months ago, I need to get to watching them regardless.
    My girlfriend and I started watching Buffy after watching and loving Firefly. Only the fact that I had seen a couple of episodes from the later seasons and knew it got better kept us going through the first season. It's pretty rough. It starts to get really good around the middle of the second season.
  • My friend who was lent these DVDs before me seemed to enjoy the first season plenty. He's never seen Firefly though, so who knows. Expectations tend to distort things.
    My girlfriend and I started watching Buffy after watching and loving Firefly. Only the fact that I had seen a couple of episodes from the later seasons and knew it got better kept us going through the first season. It's pretty rough. It starts to get really good around the middle of the second season.
    It's good from the begining if you like vampire hunting. It's just in the first season it's very monster of the week. Fortunately the first season is only 13 eps. Buffy and Angel are still two of my favorite shows.
  • edited February 2010
    It's good from the begining if you like vampire hunting.
    That may be why it wasn't my thing. The plot was always kinda incidental to me -- it was really about the characters. But I don't think that's all it is. The first season was just super cheesy. "I, Robot"? Jesus Christ.
    Buffy and Angel are still two of my favorite shows.
    I still haven't watched Angel -- mainly because that's where they put all the Buffy characters I didn't like.
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • But yeah, definitely going to pick up the comics ASAP.
    The comics are crap. Basically, anything Firefly-related that isn't the original show or the movie is pretty weak-sauce.
  • But yeah, definitely going to pick up the comics ASAP.
    The comics are crap. Basically, anything Firefly-related that isn't the original show or the movie is pretty weak-sauce.
    You gotta admit the travel posters are pretty cool.
  • You gotta admit the travel posters are pretty cool.
    Yeah, those are awesome, but a poster is not a comic. It is just a piece of art, not a narrative story.
  • Yeah, those are awesome, but a poster is not a comic. It is just a piece of art, not a narrative story.
    Rym said "Firefly-related" :-p Oh and the cell phone game is crap too it is a side scrolling shooter with the Serenity! what??

Quality Firefly merch.
  • edited February 2010
    I've watched a few eps of Buffy, it's not so bad. I like banter and camp.
    Disappointing. I've heard Better Days is good.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Disappointing. I've heard Better Days is good.
    I don't believe Rym has read Better days (or me for that matter).
  • edited February 2011
    Shit just got REAL. (via WindUpBird)

[Edit] Yeah this is not as big a deal as it first appeared.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • [Edit] Yeah this is not as big a deal as it first appeared.
    Though, amusingly, Fillion did get two lottery tickets in the mail, with a note attached saying "GOOD LUCK! - Signed, The California Lottery" .
  • Shit just got REAL.(via WindUpBird)

[Edit] Yeah this is not as big a deal as it first appeared.
    Well, there goes that internet self-esteem boost. :P
  • I thought that this was actually headed by Nathan Fillion. Not that Reddit doesn't have a history of getting shit done, but this seems a little out of the range of reality.
  • No kidding. Though the number would be closer to probably $10 million, that's still assuming that there's one million Firefly fans all donating $10.

Man, fuck Fox. Keeping the sky from me.
  • This is why Community and Firefly are awesome :D
  • I saw that, that was where this whole thing started seeming... almost possible. I mean, Nathan Fillion is certainly one thing, but then this author coming up to the plate and offering to put his own book revenue on the line, wow. Not to mention Jewel Staite and two of the writers publicly stating they'd be onboard. Oh man, I really want to believe this could actually happen, and it's an awesome feeling (here's hoping reality doesn't come checking in soon).
  • I saw that, that was where this whole thing started seeming... almost possible. I mean, Nathan Fillion is certainly one thing, but then this author coming up to the plate and offering to put his own book revenue on the line, wow. Not to mention Jewel Staite and two of the writers publicly stating they'd be onboard. Oh man, I really want to believe this could actually happen, and it's an awesome feeling (here's hoping reality doesn't come checking in soon).
    I'm still waiting on Alan Tudyk to confirm his involvement.

Owait.
    I'm still waiting on Alan Tudyk to confirm his involvement.

Owait.
    That really won't be too much of a problem for a creative writer and a forgiving fanbase.
  • That really won't be too much of a problem for a creative writer and a forgiving fanbase.
    I know. I'm just pissing about.
  • That really won't be too much of a problem for a creative writer and a forgiving fanbase.
    Yeap/ Pull a Cowboy Bebop/Trigun movie and set it between the first season and the movie. ;^)
  • edited February 2011
    That really won't be too much of a problem for a creative writer and a forgiving fanbase.
    Yeap/ Pull a Cowboy Bebop/Trigun movie and set it between the first season and the movie. ;^)
    Or my preferred option: Secret Wash clone.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Or my preferred option: Secret Wash clone.
    Even Better: "It was all a dream!"
  • edited February 2011
    I am confident that Joss Whedon is talented enough to pull either off without damaging my expectations in the least.

But seriously, why the fuck did he kill off Wash? Shepherd dying was okay by me, but Wash dying was like having my heart ripped out. And now, no more Wash for sequels. I love Joss Whedon, but he is so mean.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • But seriously, why the fuck did he kill off Wash?
    Wash dying was like having my heart ripped out.
    Welcome to Joss Whedon 101 - We're going to give you nice things. Which are packed with Semtex, and we will blow up any fucking time we please to fuck with you.
  • But seriously, why the fuck did he kill off Wash?
    Wash dying was like having my heart ripped out.
    You answered your own question there.