This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Episode 061012 - A terrible episode

edited October 2006 in GeekNights
This was a bad episode of GeekNights. Really bad. We're sorry. Help us out with some new Thursday episode ideas. I think it might be time for another episode of ask Rym and Scott. If you guys can make a thread with enough questions, we'll do it. Also, the other Atari game that I beat Rym at is Tapeworm.

Comments

• edited October 2006
    While this was a bad episode it was fairly amusing. :)

Ideas:

How to not suck at exercise.
    How to not suck at cleaning.
    How to not suck at interviews work.
    How to not suck at money.
    How to not suck at buying electornics/expensive items.
    Post edited by baltmatrix on
  • edited October 2006
    I normally really enjoy the show, but that one was pretty damn bad.

As much as it pains me to say it, Rym was right. A pumpkin is a squash.

His pronunciation of paprika, while an allowed alternative pronunciation, was entertaining.
    Post edited by Kilarney on
  • Given Scott's comments on Rym's cooking, I think he needs to eat a Deathburger.
  • Given Scott's comments on Rym's cooking, I think he needs to eat a Deathburger.
    Is that one of those 1,400 calorie burgers from Hardee's?
  • Ask Rym or Kenjura. It's an old joke about the burgers that I cook.
  • Rym. Explain.
  • Ask Pilitus or Kenjura. It's an old joke about the burgers that he cooks.

^______^
  • Geeknights cookout? hmmm?
  • At GeekHaus, we grill several times a month during the summer. Really, only rain or snow can stop us.
  • BTW, did you guys get hit by that massive snow storm that hit Buffalo?
  • It really wasn't that bad... it could have been far far worse... like an Uwe Boll movie.
  • It really wasn't that bad... it could have been far far worse... like an Uwe Boll movie.
    I can see it now. Highly acidic, radioactive, Celine Dion singing, rainbow glowing snow that has a taste for puppies. I better shut up before Uwe takes that idea and makes a movie out of it.
  • Um, you know how every time you guys say an episode is going to be terrible, everybody absolutely loves it (or, at least, it's really popular)?

I think that while the quality (layout and staying-on-topic wise, that is) of the episodes isn't that great, the humorous quality goes sky-high.

In general, people love to hear the Geek Fables, as well as hear you argue. This doesn't mean, however, that the normal episodes of GN aren't as good (or aren't funny), but rather that occasionally people want to hear both quality and humor.
  • edited October 2006
    A great episode. I hate most foods. I hate dairy like rym, pumpkin like scott, creamed wheat like rym, all pies...
    Also scott about soda hurting you should see a doctor about that.
    Post edited by blast flame on
  • I LOVE dairy, LOVE it so very very very much, unfortunately I am lactose intolerant. It is so very very sad.
  • Well at least you guys are modest. Though I did find this episode very amusing. As for thursday show ideas maybe you could talk about things that aren't releated to the other days of the week that are your favorites. Like favorite movies, tv shows, places to go, etc.
  • I have to agree with Scott on the whole soda thing. I can't stand carbonation, especially if you drink something carbonated and then burp. It feels like your sinuses are being raped.
  • I thought it was really funny, and Scott's joke about getting clap from the tree made me laugh for about 5 minutes!
    Watch what you say on the internets! He might challenge you to a boxing match!
  • Maybe the format should be three nights a week, with the fourth night being the Wi-fi DS Lite tournaments that Rym said that he wanted to start about three or four months ago. Just a thought.

You may also want to have Thursdays as a rewind or "Geek-wind" where there may a really cool topic that you wanted to discuss during the three previous days but have not had the chance or adequate time for research.

James
  • I have to agree that maintaining four nights a week is easier said than done. I think there will be plenty of gaming and anime stuff you could do.

I question the ability of tech nights to stand the test of time. I suppose it all boils down to how much research you want to do. There are a limited number of topics that are research-free.
  • So Scott...Where do you get your pr0n?
  • I don't know why, but the way Scott said "It's a bit shit" in the opener was adorable.

That being said, the episode felt like any normal conversation one could experience while lounging about at Scrym's.
  • I want to see more shit episodes!
  • Yea, as normal, I enjoyed the crappy eps more then some of the "better" eps. But that could be because of the enjoyment I get out of seeing people argue with Scott ^_^
  • Yes, I agree!
  • edited November 2008
    I agree with Cremlian. Every time Rym & Scott argue, it ends up being hilarious. ^_^
    Post edited by Loganator456 on