This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Ask Rym and Scott

Comments

• Please confirm your political position and explain and defend your statement that ''anyone can be able to be fired at any time for any reason (apart from race/sex etc)''.

Is this view applicable just in your line of work or for everyone? How can people build for the future, get a mortgage, go on holiday etc. if they might not have an income next month? Not every sector has so many job opportunities as you describe IT as having where you live.
    It should apply to everyone unless you have a special contract.

I work in a union shop and once you get over the "provisional" hump it is real hard to fire people. I have seen people sit on their ass for a year before getting canned. Mind you they are making $80K a year while doing nothing.

If you want to plan for the future and you need an income you need to plan to have a job where you will not be fired or replaced.

I'm sure the buggy whip makers were mad as hell when automobiles came into fashion. Some of those folks went hungry while the creative types got new jobs.

No employer can (or should) offer you guaranteed employment for life. It is up to you to keep yourself as an asset at work.
  • Are there any situations in which you would prefer a bench trial over a jury trial?
  • You can see one concert from any artist/band in history. Who?

You have a one-shot time machine. It will irreparably break once used. When do you go, if anytime?
  • You have a one-shot time machine. It will irreparably break once used. When do you go, if anytime?
    One week into the past with a weeks worth of newspapers with Stock Market information and Lottery numbers.

• One week into the past with a weeks worth of newspapers with Stock Market information and Lottery numbers.
    Surprisingly similar to my answer.
  • You guys got a lot of questions wow.

Here's mine,
    1- What do you think of the pro korean star craft league?
    2- You mentioned you do audio filters on your podcast, which do you use? how does the script that you use to publish your podcast look like?
  • edited October 2007
    What bands and music do you listen to?

Can you pick a favorite song of all time?

If you wrote a novel/song/play/movie what would be the theme?

What do you think of fanfiction? Ever write one?
    Post edited by Viga on
  • You might have already talked about this in passing in a previous episode, but I can't think of which it might have been, so:

In your opinions, at what point does a work move from being derivative of something to being in the same genre of something? (i.e., when does something stop being a clone of Lensman, Lord of the Rings, or Resident Evil and start being Space Opera, Sword-And-Sorcery, or Survival Horror?) Is shameless copycatting a necessary evil for the birth of new genres?
  • edited October 2007
    What are your top five favorite movies of all-time?
    Post edited by CrimsonGenesis on
  • You have, from a practical standpoint, unlimited money. What do you buy/commission/create? Don't give me "investing" crap, you already have more dinero than you could ever spend.

Secret Moon Base or Secret Volcano Lair?
  • edited October 2007
    If you could choose to have the ability to never need sleep again, would you? You couldn't sleep even if you wanted to, you never feel sleepy or tired (the sleepy tired kind of tired), and every one else sleeps as normal.
    Why is the the show called Rym and Scott, and not Scott and Rym?
    Why is Scott known as Apreche?
    Post edited by iruul on
  • Why is the the show called Rym and Scott, and not Scott and Rym?
    I think they started switching it up lately. I always assumed it was due to the Scrym nick-name.
  • Rym and Scott. If I have a project I want to do how do I best go about planning and executing it?
  • Why is the the show called Rym and Scott, and not Scott and Rym?
    Rym and Scott sounds better than Scott and Rym (just sounds weird) when you tell somebody about GeekNights. They introduce in random order though. One day Rym's first and Scott's hot, next day Scott's first and Rym undead. *laughed his ass of at the "BRAAAAAAAAAINS"* Should've been "BARHAH!!! BRAHNZ :3" though.
  • If you were trapped in a small town in the middle of the desert, would you feel your chances of survival would be greater if

(A) You were being hunted by a gang of ten vampires (flying, vulnerable to stakes, fire, sunlight, and silver, only turn you if they want to)

or

(B) You were one of ten people left alive in a town full of zombies (slow, mindless, flesh-hungry, turn into one once bitten)?

Assume average "man-on-the-street" intelligence for all other sentient individuals involved.
  • What's the worst injury (pain-wise, aftereffect-wise, etc) either of you has received?

What's the closest to dying that either of you have been?
  • Have you ever gotten caught? Could be doing anything.
  • Did Scott ever find a pair of shoes to match his sun dress?
    Don't forget the hat. Sundresses look fabulous with summer hats.

What are some of your favorite comedians?

What do you thing about long distance relationships?
  • How about this, Rym and Scott: Why are the two of you so abnormal as to be unable to enjoy a basic damned grilled-cheese sandwich? Why do you have to have your fancy-ass cheeses? Why do you have to throw some fruity-assed herbs on them? Why can't you be normal people and just enjoy a damned grilled cheese sandwich? The grilled cheese sandwich is an American classic. Why do you hate America so much that you can't eat a regular grilled cheese sandwich and be happy? WHAT THE HELL PEOPLE?!?!?!?!

Mostly messing with you, but honestly, why can't the two of you just enjoy regular food without it getting all stupidly fancified? Such as the directions you gave for something as simple as a grilled cheese sandwich.

Damn. Now I'm hungry again. I think I'm going to go eat some Chinese.

Also, would anyone listen to a podcast half dedicated to the enjoyment of grilled cheese sandwiches? What if it was recorded in the kitchen, featuring different guest sandwich preparers every couple episodes?
  • why can't the two of you just enjoy regular food without it getting all stupidly fancified?
    What's the line between regular and "stupidly fancified?"  Your grilled cheese is gormet dining compared to orphan gruel.
  • why can't the two of you just enjoy regular food without it getting all stupidly fancified?

What's the line between regular and "stupidly fancified?" Your grilled cheese is gormet dining compared to orphan gruel.

Also, RYm require the stupidly fancified. I do not.
    SCOTT HAS A SUNDRESS!?!?!?! o.O
  • Also, RYm require the stupidly fancified.
    I'm not sure how adding a little dill to a cheese sandwich is somehow stupidly fancified. ^_~
  • Where's the forum thread for episode 071011?
  • Dill adds some really good flavor.
  • edited October 2007
    And THAT, Rym, is how we know you are gay. That and the ownership of a purple Sunfire. Any other color would have been fine. Also, any other model Pontiac would have been fine in purple as well, but the two combined scream "little girl." :P

Oh, and my basic grilled cheese is a basic grilled cheese, I'm usually either too lazy or too poor to make it all fancy with the use of meat. And don't talk to me about orphans, cause I'm an adult orphan. More or less. Seriously.

And Scott; my many apologies. I forget how you always seem to confront Rym about his need to be unusual with his use of spices and his non-conformist room arranging.
    Post edited by WallyBman on
  • I have to ask this, just to hear Rym's answer:
    What's your social security number?
  • What are your general opinions on this whole popularized idea of "emo"?
  • Boxers or briefs?