This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

ConnectiCon 2014

Comments

• Jordan O. said:

Intro to Martial Arts Cinema is my bread and butter panel that is for sure my most popular. But I have done it the past two cons so I just figured you guys where not so hot on the same panel running three times in a row. It's all good, just give me more time to re-vamp it.

You are exactly right!! I was going for a little variety this year while limiting repeat panels. We don't want to get stale and boring.
  • You see the same people going to panels year after year. You need to give a variety. I'd also put the average age of "That guy who is at ever panel" to be greater then 5 years older then the average attendee. And those kids screaming for more Homestuck would only be going to panels on Homestuck and ignoring the rest of the programming.

Guest panels are more popular then any fan panels. Guest get priority at Every*con. Doug Walker is most popular.

Hot topics and people change from year to year. Eventually today's Homestuck kids will be annoyed by with the next big fad. Tall Naruto is now Tall Gambit.
  • Not necessarily, A lot of Guest Panels do not get as many people as you would think. Think Uber Famous Japanese Director and some random English voice actor. You'll find that the Homestuck panel and the random English Voice Actor blow the Japanese guest out of the water.
  • ^This. At Otakon, I remember Urubochi's panel was only at half capacity of the space, and Watanabe didn't even get that much.
  • edited June 2014
    Wyatt said:

Doug Walker is most popular.

Woe betide those of you that will be working the hall with Doug Walker's panels. I'll probably be working them with you :(
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • Wyatt said:

Woe betide those of you that will be working the hall with Doug Walker's panels. I'll probably be working them with you :(

Doug is in Main Events & Special Events. Unless he joins the CAH game, he won't be in our hallways.

However, in Riverside hallway, there will be panels with the original Black Power Ranger, and Atreyu & Falkor. Get ready.
  • I should at least consider the possibility of attending ConnectiCon…
  • okeefe said:

I should at least consider the possibility of attending ConnectiCon…

YES
  • Last year, Sarah and I were only able to get into about 1 out of 2 panels we found interesting, so I'm encouraged by the news that the panel rooms are larger this year. Too bad that means fewer panels, but you can't have everything.

I think I'm kinda too old and curmudgeonly for CT-con, I need to work on that. I had way more fun as an AC vendor two years ago than as an attendee last year, although last year WAS still fun. The problem with doing AC is that I haven't got anybody to "mind the store" for me so I end up shackled to my table for the entire weekend, which is a bummer now that I've "discovered" panels.
  • SAF CTcon card.

I am going to call the mystery opponent to be Ross aka the blue jacketed commentator.
  • Coldguy said:

SAF CTcon card.

I am going to call the mystery opponent to be Ross aka the blue jacketed commentator.

If it's Ross, I would be very disappointed. I'm hoping for a big time comic artist.
  • If we're staffing, should we be getting emails or anything like that?
  • Neito said:

If we're staffing, should we be getting emails or anything like that?

• Monday! There's a wedding this weekend that Rym, Scott & myself are all at...
    And hotels rooms were finalized just this week.
  • eggs said:

Wyatt said:

Doug is in Main Events & Special Events. Unless he joins the CAH game, he won't be in our hallways.

However, in Riverside hallway, there will be panels with the original Black Power Ranger, and Atreyu & Falkor. Get ready.
    Damn you and your geographical distance. I've had a crush on Atreyu for the past 20-odd years. Have also been scarred by Artax's death all that time too. Falkor is the boss.
  • edited July 2014
    soooooo pumped. I dunno what it is, but I'm looking forward to this con more than most I've been to lately.
    Post edited by Neito on
  • edited July 2014
    Neito said:

soooooo pumped. I dunno what it is, but I'm looking forward to this con more than most I've been to lately.

Post edited by eggs on
  • I'm getting excited about this CTcon way earlier then normal. I just realized that not only do we have Thursday night panels at Conneticon, but we have a FULL line on Friday starting at 8AM. That's a lot of stuff o.o
  • I'll be up early Thursday to take on the early birds.
  • edited July 2014
    Wyatt said:

I'm getting excited about this CTcon way earlier then normal. I just realized that not only do we have Thursday night panels at Conneticon, but we have a FULL line on Friday starting at 8AM. That's a lot of stuff o.o

Got the staff schedule. Would be nice to have evenings off but I'm not expecting that to pan out. :P Will take my dinner at 5 though.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • Wyatt said:

I'm getting excited about this CTcon way earlier then normal. I just realized that not only do we have Thursday night panels at Conneticon, but we have a FULL line on Friday starting at 8AM. That's a lot of stuff o.o

Got the staff schedule. Would be nice to have evenings off but I'm not expecting that to pan out. :P Will take my dinner at 5 though.
    You said you wanted to cash in on your beer tab. You also have a panel at 5:30 on Friday. Hence, the morning shift.
  • Apreche said:

Wyatt said:

You said you wanted to cash in on your beer tab. You also have a panel at 5:30 on Friday. Hence, the morning shift.
    I did say that, just not expecting it to actually happen. But maybe Line Ops will be awesome and we'll be able to relax a little more this year.
  • I'm banking heavily on Line Ops. If they fail, I'm going to try and get a senior PAX Enforcer to help them out next year.
  • Rym said:

I'm banking heavily on Line Ops. If they fail, I'm going to try and get a senior PAX Enforcer to help them out next year.

• My soul is prepared for their failure...
  • edited July 2014
    So Riverfest is the same weekend. The fireworks start at 9. The food vendors are a trap. Don't go there Luke Crane.

Has anyone had the wings at Blackbear Saloon?
    Post edited by Wyatt on
  • I have to work that Sunday but I am off Friday and Saturday... Hmmm....
  • So I am very busy for CTCon weekend with some other obligations, but I am finding out I might be able to swing up one evening? We'll see.
  • For what it's worth, I think the font used in the day headings makes it a smidge difficult to read the dates. Mostly the fact that 1 looks an awful lot like an I.