This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

ConnectiCon 2014

Comments

• Starfox said:

For what it's worth, I think the font used in the day headings makes it a smidge difficult to read the dates. Mostly the fact that 1 looks an awful lot like an I.

We don't like the web site design either. It's not under our control. Believe it or not, it used to be way worse.
  • Anyone know if there is a guidebook or phone friendly app for ConnectiCon's schedule?
  • Coldguy said:

Anyone know if there is a guidebook or phone friendly app for ConnectiCon's schedule?

I've heard we're going to have guidebook, but I don't see it in there yet.

• Apreche said:

Coldguy said:

Anyone know if there is a guidebook or phone friendly app for ConnectiCon's schedule?

I've heard we're going to have guidebook, but I don't see it in there yet.

With the schedule done so early you think it be available by now.
  • Guidebook should be available tomorrow or Thursday.
  • Rym said:
    I read through, stopped, said "wow that really is a pretty damn good panel lineup," and then realized I had only read Friday's schedule.

Sadly I won't be able to make it this year.

• Coldguy said:

So guess what I have access to for edits, that is, at this very moment, in the process of being updated.... Guidebook should be live tomorrow!
    Apreche said:

We don't like the web site design either. It's not under our control. Believe it or not, it used to be way worse.

A redesign has already been started and is scheduled to launch shortly after this year's con.
  • Ugh, before I get to CTcon I have to make the longest drive. >_<
  • Four hours, here.
  • It's supposed to take 6 hours, but with traffic and stops I'm expecting 8.
  • It could be worse, but it is a crummy drive. Especially cuz 95.
  • 2 questions I have that aren't answered by the staff meeting notes

1. Will hotel rooms be in our names? (ie, how do I check in)
    2. What is Operation Hammond again?
  • Not Operation Hammond. It is Operation Ham on... What kind of bread on your sammich.
  • HMTKSteve said:

Not Operation Hammond. It is Operation Ham on... What kind of bread on your sammich.

No, it's really Operation Hammond, and it's not a joke.

http://operationhammond.com/wp/
  • Hey anyone arriving on/before 3-4? Our roommates don't arrive until 8 and we'll need a place to put our stuff.
  • Who else is getting there tonight besides me?
  • Hey anyone arriving on/before 3-4? Our roommates don't arrive until 8 and we'll need a place to put our stuff.

I'm most likely going to arrive around 3 depending on traffic.
  • Who else is getting there tonight besides me?

Myself, Emily, Scott. ETA ~10pm unless traffic. Earlier if there's no traffic at all.

• Yuyuke, Alana, and I will be getting in around 7, maybe 8 or so.
  • The Dibella's in Milford on our way closes at 10pm. We will definitely pass it while it is open. Are we going?

a) Yes
    b) Definitely
    c) Absolutely
    d) All of the above
  • That loop is the size of a shopping mall. Literally. It's not some mega-delay.
  • You say this like I was implying that we weren't going to engage the loop.

I'm an advocate of the loop plan.
  • Rym said:

You say this like I was implying that we weren't going to engage the loop.

I'm an advocate of the loop plan.

Really? Because one of your favorite lines is "that's out of the way."
  • This is decidedly IN our way (unless we take I-84 across like we usually do).

We can take the Merrit or 95 and come within striking range of that Dibs.
  • According to Wikipedia "Wegmans has incorporated DiBella's style sub shops into their stores, with consultation from the DiBella family, but they are not actual DiBella's restaurants." Iiiiiiiinteresting. I do shop for groceries at Wegmans, but have never thought to buy a sandwich there.
  • At RIT, Wegmans sandwiches were pretty close to Dibella's sandwiches. We're talking 80% coverage of the fundamentals.
  • Rym said:

Never doubt the Google!