This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

ConnectiCon 2014

Comments

• My hype was so not wasted on this con. It deserved even more hype than I gave it.
  • Connecticon is something I want to eventually do someday. But, funds and life are currently limited. MAGFest remains my priority con.
  • ConnectiCon lived up to its reputation. I will be back. :]
  • When's my dad's Homestuck panel footage going to be online? That was the thing I was maddest about missing (besides my 18+ Andrew Jackson panel).
  • Greg said:

When's my dad's Homestuck panel footage going to be online? That was the thing I was maddest about missing (besides my 18+ Andrew Jackson panel).

Sadly, the video was for "internal use only". Rym is trying to pull some strings for a few people, though. :3
  • Neito said:

Greg said:

When's my dad's Homestuck panel footage going to be online? That was the thing I was maddest about missing (besides my 18+ Andrew Jackson panel).

Sadly, the video was for "internal use only". Rym is trying to pull some strings for a few people, though. :3
    Except Rym recorded that panel on his personally owned camera.
  • Driving home today, glad we didn't attempt it last night.
  • The con's video is internal use only for now. My personal video will be up as soon as I have time to deal with it!
  • Driving home today, glad we didn't attempt it last night.

Where did you stay?
  • In terms of attendance and people staying at my panels this might just be my most successful con yet. It was a blast.
  • I've been tweeting stats as I go through the data.
  • Apreche said:

Driving home today, glad we didn't attempt it last night.

Where did you stay?
    Residence Inn.
  • Jordan O. said:

In terms of attendance and people staying at my panels this might just be my most successful con yet. It was a blast.

Also with the crack down on lobbycon, the halls were way nicer and more manageable. I know the attendance numbers were larger, Everyone said the pre-reg was bigger, but the con felt a lot less crowded.
  • I think the having stuff across town did some of that.
  • I wonder after Rym got my USB stick if he would actually take the time to look at the panels that are on it or assemble all of my video clips in the right order. I doubt it but was a thought while driving back home.
  • edited July 2014
    Wyatt said:

I think the having stuff across town did some of that.

That had not occurred to me, that was probably more of what was going on.

We are actively seeking new staff members for next year, we needs more. If you're interested, please apply. Rym might even buy you beer at the end of the night (no guarantees).
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • I follow Doug and Rob Walker (The Nostalgia Critic guys) on Facebook, and they both have been continuously posting compliments of Connecticon's staff and attendees as being some of the best they've ever seen. So, good job to all you folk!
  • We are masters of our craft.
  • Axel said:

I follow Doug and Rob Walker (The Nostalgia Critic guys) on Facebook, and they both have been continuously posting compliments of Connecticon's staff and attendees as being some of the best they've ever seen. So, good job to all you folk!

Apparently Doug was doing a panel with Uncle Yo, so they were practicing behind Panel Ops. The number of people who vehemently wanted us to interrupt them was kinda shocking.
  • Neito said:

Axel said:

I follow Doug and Rob Walker (The Nostalgia Critic guys) on Facebook, and they both have been continuously posting compliments of Connecticon's staff and attendees as being some of the best they've ever seen. So, good job to all you folk!

Apparently Doug was doing a panel with Uncle Yo, so they were practicing behind Panel Ops. The number of people who vehemently wanted us to interrupt them was kinda shocking.
    I was there a crowd would form, watch for a bit, and duspurse after we told them to move on. I was only recognized twice from working there. Matter if time to get that to zero.
  • Axel said:

I had drinks with Doug and Rob on Friday night, they're really awesome dudes.
  • They are indeed awesome dudes, in my limited direct interaction with them.
  • Rym said:

They are indeed awesome dudes, in my limited direct interaction with them.

He seems like a cool dude, but I think he's still very off-put by all the people who basically worship him.
  • Neito said:

Rym said:

They are indeed awesome dudes, in my limited direct interaction with them.

He seems like a cool dude, but I think he's still very off-put by all the people who basically worship him.
    Or cosplay as his character. Which is essentially him.
  • edited July 2014
    Sounds like it was a cool event. Between some work-related obligations and getting (probably) Lyme disease (ticks can suck it), I couldn't even make one day. But seems like if staff were keeping the lobby areas a little more clear of loiter-clutter that would be amazeballs.
    Post edited by SWATrous on
  • I really can't decide about staffing next year. I like having my free time. I may just do a part time gig -- not enough to get the free rooming but still feel involved and hang out with my fave knuckleheads.
  • SWATrous said:

Lyme disease (ticks can suck it)

Isn't that the opposite of what you want them to be doing?

• I really can't decide about staffing next year. I like having my free time. I may just do a part time gig -- not enough to get the free rooming but still feel involved and hang out with my fave knuckleheads.

Just do it! :P We're a fun lot to hang out with and it's actually really rewarding feeling to make Connecticon happen.
  • If we get some not-full-time not-getting-comped-hotel-room staff, that might actually fill in the few gaps we have manpower-wise...
  • Rich mentioned possibly wanting to staff part-time next year.