This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX PRIME 2014

Comments

• VentureJ said:

Apreche said:

Step 1: Never use the word "whigga" ever again.

Step 1: Never use the word "whigga" ever again.

• What if he makes wigs?
  • edited May 2014
    ThatGent said:

What if he makes wigs?

They would be called a perruquiste. According to Yahoo Answers.
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • That is an infinitely superior word.
  • edited May 2014
    Hey my wiggas.

Although if we were going down this road I think we should stick to the more accepted "cracker".
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • MATATAT said:

Hey my wiggas.

Although if we were going down this road I think we should stick to the more accepted "cracker".

Shut up, honkey.
  • Getting a HTTP 500 error as I F5.
  • Official_PAX just tweeted about the outage. I got my mobile notification 3 minutes after they tweeted. If you are relying solely on that, you are fucked.
  • It's back up. No change.
  • Something makes me think that word association skit would never make it past the writers room if it were done today.
  • Dromaro said:

I'm a complete nub in terms of knowledge on how to get hotel rooms for PAX. What's the ideal hotel? How much should I expect it to be? How do I get rooms assuming it isn't already sold out.

For me the most ideal hotel is the Sheraton, next best would be the Red Lion. They both have PAX events in their exhibition rooms and are very enjoyable places to stay. The downside is the cost, if I remember right you are looking at 250-300/night for a room with 2 queens.

I would avoid the Roosevelt. It is a older hotel, there are only 2 elevators which are very slow, and there is no stair access except during a fire. Managment will not make things right when there is a mistake, even if they are the ones who made it (in my case giving us a room with a King and a hida-bed despite our reservation being for 2 queens, and refusing to comp cost). You do however pay less, IFRC about $30-40 a night less than my first choices.

For booking rooms PAX typically reserves giant blocks of rooms for all nearby hotels and you can get a discount for getting one of those rooms. One year I went thought a official PAX site to book it, another year I think I just called the hotel and told them I wanted a room in the PAX block. In every case the price was discounted vs going through the hotel offical site.

I am not sure what to do if rooms are booked already, best guess find a friend who is going and try to get in on their room. I would not suggest sharing a room with strangers.

• That one year when I got work to pay for my PAX trip, I got put up at Hotel Monaco and it was pretty nice.
  • There are plenty of hotels in Seattle. Like a large quantity of the true downtown area is hotel space. Also Google Maps-ing Hotel Monaco it literally says "Swanky rooms plus fun amenities".
  • I got 4 WEEKEND TIX
  • Annnnnd 4 day badges are gone.
  • Pegu said:

Annnnnd 4 day badges are gone.

Less than 10 minutes.

• Better than last year.
  • God dammit, I took a quick lunch break RIGHT when it opened. Hate when that happens!
  • OMG. Had a panic attack issue. My credit union was blocking it. They called me in the middle of class. I told them to authorize that shit.

Ran out of the original time but got back in . 3 4 day passes acquired.
  • I bought two Friday passes since going to Bumbershoot but I considered getting two 4 day passes and selling them on Friday to make my money back but that just seemed like a hassle.
  • Still in the queue. Nothing is happening. I'm nervous!
  • VentureJ said:

Still in the queue. Nothing is happening. I'm nervous!

As a doctor, I have to give it to you straight. It doesn't look good.
  • A coworker had a couple queues going and I used one of his since I thought the link he sent me was a video or comic or something so I didn't click on it for a couple minutes. Joined queue like 3 minutes after it going live and I was in line for a long time.
  • Only Monday is left.
  • GAH, dammit. I got an amazing hotel reservation, but no tickets, unfortunately. It's all sold out, except for Monday passes, and I still haven't gotten into the purchasing screen.

So...if anyone has 2 spare 4-days, I'm up for buying!
  • VentureJ said:

GAH, dammit. I got an amazing hotel reservation, but no tickets, unfortunately. It's all sold out, except for Monday passes, and I still haven't gotten into the purchasing screen.

So...if anyone has 2 spare 4-days, I'm up for buying!

Last year after Khoo got tix back from the scalpers, he put them back in the system. I would be vigilant and wait for that opportunity.