This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX PRIME 2014

Comments

• Oh geez, this is a bit of a cluster. I got 3 Fridays, 1 Sunday, 2 Mondays. I obviously need 2 of each, so I'm gonna have to hunt down 2 Saturdays and 1 Sunday.

If you guys have any spares, I'd gladly take them off your hands.
  • Got 4 1-day passes and I clicked on the link as soon as my phone got the tweet.
  • VentureJ said:

Oh geez, this is a bit of a cluster. I got 3 Fridays, 1 Sunday, 2 Mondays. I obviously need 2 of each, so I'm gonna have to hunt down 2 Saturdays and 1 Sunday.

If you guys have any spares, I'd gladly take them off your hands.

WTF? Sounds like you were literally the last person to buy any badges at all.
  • Yeah, no kidding. I'm really contemplating canceling my reservation altogether, but I'd hate to waste booking the Roosevelt and not actually going to the con.
  • You can probably get away with badgeless gaming in the Sheraton (and possibly Red Lion, and POSSIBLY even tabletop), and only going into the "main" con on the days you have badges.

Just sayin'.
  • I must say, of all the PAXes, PAX Prime is at this point in every way objectively superior. East is fun, but not as fun. The early close coupled with bad location and fewer days really make Prime stand out.

If I could only go to one PAX, I'd skip East and fly to Prime every year. I'd choose MAGFest over East, but Prime over Magfest.
  • If you go to PAX Dev, you can still buy a 4-day PAX Prime badge. You can buy them right now.

Dev + Prime is cheaper than an Ebay 4-day currently.
  • edited May 2014
    Rym said:

If you go to PAX Dev, you can still buy a 4-day PAX Prime badge. You can buy them right now.

Dev + Prime is cheaper than an Ebay 4-day currently.

Thanks for the heads-up! I just purchased the conference badges and the 4-Day passes, so I think I'm good!

Post edited by VentureJ on
  • Dev is pretty boss, so enjoy it. Take notes. Don't talk about what happens there. ;)
  • I'm in. See you guys at PAX. :]
  • Looks like we're in the Sheraton Tuesday-Tuesday!

We have a room at the Red Lion as well, that we'll cancel once we're 100% confident in the Sheraton room. If anyone needs a room at the Red Lion later on, let us know, and we can let you know when we actually cancel it.
  • Has anyone stayed at the Renaissance, and is it a good hotel? It's supposedly just a block away, so I that's a good sign.
  • Most of the hotels are fine. They're all a quick walk, and there's food on the way.
  • Neither the Sheraton or the Red Lion are available. :-/. Anyone manage to get a room there and wouldn't mind a roommate? I've bunked with Ro and Jeremy in the past!! ^_^
  • VentureJ said:

Has anyone stayed at the Renaissance, and is it a good hotel? It's supposedly just a block away, so I that's a good sign.

The Renaissance is not far from the convention center, but it is definitely not a block away.
  • NeoNeo
    edited May 2014
    The Renaissance is listed as 4 blocks away. It is where I am staying and I have stayed there in the past. Very posh, quality hotel. A bit of a walk, but not unpleasantly far.
    Post edited by Neo on
  • Hmmm, odd. When I reserved on OnPeak, they marked it as 1.0 blocks away. Alright, 4 blocks isn't too far, anyway.
  • I mean, Seattle isn't that large, any hotel downtown is easily within walking distance. It's just a matter of whether you're fine walking one minute or five minutes. Maybe if you're trucking a shitload of board games being closer might be better.
  • MATATAT said:

I mean, Seattle isn't that large, any hotel downtown is easily within walking distance. It's just a matter of whether you're fine walking one minute or five minutes. Maybe if you're trucking a shitload of board games being closer might be better.

That is why Ro and I stay at the Sheraton. Right across the street for ease of trucking a shitload of games.

• Neocloud said:

That is why Ro and I stay at the Sheraton. Right across the street for ease of trucking a shitload of games.

Closest I was able to get was the Red Lion this year. Bonus: it's a little closer to the Olive 8 if they put tabletop in there again.
  • I am fortunate for Chris to let us bunk with him! :)

PS, please email me the hotel info when you can.
  • Red Lion is great.
  • Rochelle said:

I am fortunate for Chris to let us bunk with him! :)

PS, please email me the hotel info when you can.

Sent!
  • I missed badges today at lunch, and it's all my own fault. I'm alright with it though. I was actually working when it happened, never saw a tweet, and I totally "could" have been checking because I knew it was that time, but I just kinda was into whatever it is I was doing.
  • Managed to get a few Friday passes for myself and friends. Looking forward to seeing you guys there!
  • Ah, scratch that. Looks like I'm staying at the Roosevelt in stead. Seems to have a fairly low number of stars, which doesn't sound promising.
  • I've stayed in the Sheraton and the Renaissance most times I've gone to PAX. The Sheraton is great because it's right next to the convention center, but the Renaissance is super fancy. It's about four blocks away, but that's not a bad walk at all. I'm staying there this year.
  • Anyone willing to take on a roommate?
  • If anyone should happen to have an extra 4 day, let me know if you would be willing to sell it. A coworker of mine missed out on badges, but wants to go if he can.
  • Same here I have derived a free housing solution in Tacoma which will involve driving and parking so I may go that route. If I do, I want to try and hook up the person with a badge.

Also, at the secret breakfast, what's the record waffle count? I have decided that that particular crown is one I need.