This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX PRIME 2014

Comments

• You Primers are really lucky. They announced Triforce Quartet to be a main stage band. I advise ALL OF YOU to see them perform live.

They very rarely play shows as it is and they are legit. The other bands are hit and miss but do not skip Triforce Quartet.
  • I can safely say I won't be making my return to Prime this year (although I am happily now at least definitely attending South).

That being said, does anyone want a single-bed reservation at the Sheraton? Reservation runs Wed-Tues, full length, but you could always cut that down if it was transferred to you.
  • Hmmm, I may take you up on that offer, Matt. How easy is it to transfer reservations?
  • No clue. It def can't be done on the web, but some quick googling shows people saying it can probably be accomplished over phone. Worst case, I'm cancelling this reservation, and can announce when I'm doing so. Not sure at what rate OnPeak's system refreshes cancelled stock but maybe it'd be instant.
  • Once Rym confirms his Sheraton room for reals, I have a Red Lion room I'm gonna bail on.
  • They are doing the gaming benefit dinner again... Might try to go this year... They still have some of the $50 tickets left (and hopefully will tomorrow on payday). Sky High Tabletop Play Benefiting Food Life Line
  • I might well do that again. It was fun last year, though crowded. Hard to game unless you're VIP.
  • Nope. Rather spend money on other things. Not like we can't find gaming on a Thursday night.
  • Gaming in Seattle? On PAX weekend? Are you high?!
  • Possibly. It is legal in her state.
  • Panel announcements just went out. I'll be presenting a lecture: "TwitchPlayedPokemon: A Postmortem for a Cultural Phenomenon."

That also means I'm selling my PAX passes: 1 Friday, 1 Saturday, and 1 Sunday badge.
  • Good on ya.
  • We're doing "How to Win at Every Game" on Monday.
  • Rym said:

We're doing "How to Win at Every Game" on Monday.

I guess I have some badges to get rid of. If there aren't close friends that need them, I will distribute them very creatively.
  • Panel announcements just went out. I'll be presenting a lecture: "TwitchPlayedPokemon: A Postmortem for a Cultural Phenomenon."

That also means I'm selling my PAX passes: 1 Friday, 1 Saturday, and 1 Sunday badge.

Hey Alex. I'm interested in one Saturday badge. Are they still available?

• Pay attention tomorrow if you want to see how creatively Scott distributes the extra PAX badges we have.
  • I look forward to Scott throwing them out and then the E.T.-style dig at the landfill wherever the garbage of Queens goes to (NJ).
  • edited August 2014
    Is anyone else going to the Tri Wizard Drinking tournament? My girlfriend and I will be there reping OotP Hufflepuff.
    Post edited by Rite_of_Spring on
  • NeoNeo
    edited August 2014
    Got my PAX Prime 2014 badges this weekend. Just putting that out there for triangulating shipping schedules/timing for any that are wondering or worried about theirs.

My location: Utah
    Post edited by Neo on
  • Prime is in two and a half weeks... it's now materializing in the back of my mind as a real thing that is happening.
  • DUDE. It's the only thing motivating me to work extra hours. I'll get even more pumped when I see the banners get put up around downtown.
  • GUIDEBOOK IS LIVE
  • Ok, I actually read through the schedule now that Guidebook is out.

Alexey Pajitnov is going to be there!
  • I think I need a trigger warning for people on high horses who want to tell me about how they don't attend PAX b/c of their moral values. I am done having those conversations, and have realized that all they do is stress me the fuck out.
  • Matt said:

I think I need a trigger warning for people on high horses who want to tell me about how they don't attend PAX b/c of their moral values. I am done having those conversations, and have realized that all they do is stress me the fuck out.

Here's what you say.

"Good, PAX will be even better without you there. A much more awesome person will be taking your spot."
  • What amazes me is that most of the people who try to have that discussion with me have:

1. Never been to any PAX
    2. Attend maybe 1-2 conventions a year
    3. Literally make a bunch of shit up

Sure, there are legitimate points that could be made. Negative things have happened at PAXes before. But the specifics of those events are never the topic of the conversation: the additional made-up stuff is.

• Our panel in guidebook:
    https://guidebook.com/guide/24122/event/9438799/

If you attend, be sure to rate it! Also, if the room fills, I promise we'll do something cool.
  • I forgot they were stopping the Mike and Jerry keynote. I never went to a single one.
  • I have Sunday and Monday badges for sale at cost. if you're interested or know anyone, let me know. $35/each