This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Call for donations for special class.

This summer, I am running a special elective class for a handful of students interested in making video games. We are using the RPG Maker VX Ace software, but only have a single copy donated by the IT staff during the humble bundle sale.

I've tried reaching out to Humble Bundle and to RPG Maker, but have not heard back from either yet.

I need three or four more copies of the software so that all my students are not splitting time on the one computer. Right now, VX Ace is at its full price again, worn the only deal being the one on steam for a little over $200 that gets you 4 copies.

If you are interested donating a copy or helping purchase the 4 pack, let me know.

Thanks!

Comments

• Can't you log into steam on a PC and then sever the network connection and still having access to the software?
  • edited July 2014
    that sucks the Humble Bundle was actually on their store page for a while for a little bit longer then the bundle was up. But now it's not even sold at Humble Bundle.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • edited July 2014
    HMTKSteve said:

Can't you log into steam on a PC and then sever the network connection and still having access to the software?

The school is very anal about its network. Each student needs to log in on each computer, and you can't network a single steam account to several computers simultaneously. Otherwise we'd just use the copy we already have.

On the up side, there has been $50 so far, so we're 25% to the goal already.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • Steam has a mode that Internet cafes use that allows you to have apps available to all the PCs in a room. This is what they also use at conventions like PAX and such. I'm not sure how you get that setup, but it would let you have everything available on all the PCs.
  • I'm pretty certain that the school can't do it over our network, but I'll ask.