This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Connecticon 2015

2»

Comments

• FRIDAY NIGHT PARTY LINE PODCAST PANEL :-p
  • So, if I have a cosplay suit that say, hypothetically, removing the head of will probably traumatize dozens of children (if they're in line)... I should probably not wear it to registration, huh? I guess people are generally expected to be identifiable at badge pickup...

I'm carefully planning my "Disney strategy" for never being seen to be overtly out of costume...
  • I am contemplating getting a board game lecture or panel together.

Did one for Connecticon 2011 or 2012 that gave a primer on how to introduce modern board games to uninterested video gamers, and it was pretty damn awful. I have tons of public speaking experience (no stranger to presenting in front of Navy Admirals), but it just did not translate to the 15 people in the room.

I almost swore of presenting at cons, but then I said fuck it, outlined some structured discussion points, and put in for a PAX East panel in 2013. It got accepted, and this time, with a few other smart people joining me, it was an amazing panel. Filled the Naga Theater and I was completely on my game.

Now it's time to come up with another good idea. Hmmmm...
  • edited July 2014
    Cremlian said:

FRIDAY NIGHT PARTY LINE PODCAST PANEL :-p

Maybe. but I'd have to find some way of teleconferencing Churba in or him flying here. He's my partner in crime, so I can't do the show without him.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Cremlian said:

Maybe. but I'd have to find some way of teleconferencing Churba in or him flying here. He's my partner in crime, so I can't do the show without him.
    Either way, I'd do it. Sounds like a blast!
  • Churba said:

Cremlian said:

Either way, I'd do it. Sounds like a blast!
    And with that, Downtown Hartford was never the same.

Thank god.
  • The only way to fix downtown Hartford is to fix Connecticut's public transportation. Hold your breath.
  • muppet said:

The only way to fix downtown Hartford is to fix Connecticut's public transportation. Hold your breath.

The only way to fix most towns now-a-days is to fix their public transport systems. The regional transit system down in southern MA has been trying for years to get into Foxboro, but they won't allow it. Don't want all the poor people to come to town.
  • I will make time for ConnectiCon next year. Anyone want to do a panel about tabletop roleplaying games?

I'm also thinking of ditching Gen Con next year. Imagine a PAX East-like hotel rush to end up in Indianapolis in August. I have friends I see there, but it's just a pain in the ass that keeps getting worse.
  • okeefe said:

I will make time for ConnectiCon next year. Anyone want to do a panel about tabletop roleplaying games?

I'm also thinking of ditching Gen Con next year. Imagine a PAX East-like hotel rush to end up in Indianapolis in August. I have friends I see there, but it's just a pain in the ass that keeps getting worse.

Please do some games on demand at CTCon.