This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Video Game Fan Fest 2015

Comments

• I'll just throw this out there. If you want to listen in on the planning parts we are going to have a meeting tonight on mumble on the Lordkat.com server (default ports) at 8 PM EDT.

You can just listen in as I start to tell people that we are adding Robert's rules to the meetings, among other things.
  • Minor update we have a simple website

We have Logo!

We have Dragon?

Contract almost fully sign and soon Eventbrite is going live. Holy crap its happening.
  • Why is that dragon humping that arcade cabinet?
  • Rym said:

Why is that dragon humping that arcade cabinet?

I see it playing the arcade machine, although it gives new meaning to that whole Princess Daphne thing that happened in the 80s...
  • Rym said:

Gonna take the easy joke here: "It brings a whole new meaning to 'joystick'."
  • Rym said:

Dragons think about sex once every year, don't take this away from them.
    photo NowKiss_zps76335469.jpg

• The XP and the FEST are different sizes, but not different enough, and it's hurting my brain.
  • edited August 2014
    There is going to be a major announcement about XP Fest this coming Monday. I would give you a hint but I do not know what it is yet, stay tuned.

The XP and the FEST are different sizes, but not different enough, and it's hurting my brain.

Did you also notice the 1 black pixel line over the "E" too? Thanks for pointing it out we didn't notice it until now.
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • So I heard Patrick was posting about our dragon sex convention on these here forums. I hope he hasn't exposed our grand plan yet.
  • Matt said:

Oh and btw, while most sites of this nature are blocked under my employer's "games" category filter, xpfest.com came up as "Malicious Outbound Data/Botnets." Not sure if that means anything but figured a heads up can't hurt.

That's really weird. xpfest is hosted on my colo @ vinax in Chicago. I'm not sure what I can do about this other than say "uh, no?"

• "There are a ton of great places to eat at in downtown Hartford, CT. We'll list these off soon enough!"
    I looked at this for about 2 minutes and now I can't stop laughing. We all know this ain't true.
  • Jordan O. said:

"There are a ton of great places to eat at in downtown Hartford, CT. We'll list these off soon enough!"
    I looked at this for about 2 minutes and now I can't stop laughing. We all know this ain't true.

There's City Steam, and...

Ummmmm....

BurgerBaby?

Ha! I did it. I named two place to eat in downtown Hartford.
  • Honestly? Burger Baby's burgers are pretty mediocre, and they have a terrible beer selection. I only ate there because there was no wait...
  • Neito said:

There's City Steam, and...

Ummmmm....

BurgerBaby?

Ha! I did it. I named two place to eat in downtown Hartford.

Weird coincidence, down here, we have Baby Burgers. They were at PAX last year - not the best burger in the world, but edible enough.

• Rym said:

Honestly? Burger Baby's burgers are pretty mediocre, and they have a terrible beer selection. I only ate there because there was no wait...

The duck fat fries, though. I dunno; maybe I just have an unrefined palate; I found them pretty good.
  • It appears good news is to be had, sometimes you have to celebrate.

• edited August 2014
    Just had a board meeting yesterday and we are using Robert Rules. Much more controlled however since it was a first offering there were still unruly people. Thankfully once people realize we are doing this going forward should be an issue.

Also we had a heated discussion on badge mailing, why in the hell do people think it is a good idea to NOT mail these damn things. Thankfully a compromise was made to allow an option to have it mailed, instead of just having all of them done on the offset.

Also I get the fun times of emailing a bunch of people again. Ah the life of a board member.
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • That doesn't sound good. You should just dispose of all the unruly people until there are only decent people left, and Robert's Rules are no longer needed.
  • I suddenly understand why China's ruling class being mostly STEM grads hasn't helped with the whole human rights abuses thing.
  • Apreche said:

That doesn't sound good. You should just dispose of all the unruly people until there are only decent people left, and Robert's Rules are no longer needed.

I'm working towards that...
  • Churba said:

I suddenly understand why China's ruling class being mostly STEM grads hasn't helped with the whole human rights abuses thing.

As much as I see your point, I can't bring myself to disagree with Scott on this one. Then again, my major is CS...
  • Hahaha its cool guys I am not going to biological warfare here just going to make sure the rules weed out those who are merely tagging along for the free badge and purposely giving bad advice.
  • Realistically, we're just doing this to weed the lawn.
  • The things I do to make sure we are unique:

Yes that is an "American" Pachinko machine that claims to be improved over the Japanese version...

• Not racist. Arrogant.
  • edited August 2014

Nick Cage and his love of Pachinko
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • Not racist. Arrogant.

• edited August 2014
    It's cultural appropriation. Which generally still counts as racist.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • edited August 2014
    Why is cultural appropriation racist? Would someone drawing in the style of popular Japanese manga be considered cultural appropriation? I honestly feel like I don't understand this issue.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • It's cultural appropriation. Which generally still counts as racist.

No, it doesn't. Cultural appropriation is an entirely normal process, something that happens organically when two or more cultures interact. It CAN be racist, of course, but just saying "It's cultural appropriation" doesn't cut it, dude.